Friday, November 28, 2008

Fun Times in The Big Easy

So Thanksgiving was a blast! We've had a great few weeks with friends lately!

First I have been meaning to post about our trip to New Orleans. We had such a fun, relaxing weekend a few weeks back with our good friends Patrick and Haley! We were determined to go on a trip before the business that is Christmas and before I got too huge to travel comfortably. Mainly all we did was ate and shopped. Basically, two of my favorite leisure time activities. We arrived Friday night (at the W hotel) and found that our room smelled of "skunky weed", so we requested a new room. Not only were they pleased to accommodate us; they sent us $40 each of free room service!


So we went for a walk on Bourbon St. (Peyton said we walked about 3X our normal exercise route; I was so proud of myself).
And then came back to the hotel for room service. I had a grilled cheese, fries, and a brownie, yum!
On Saturday morning, we slept late and then got up for a shopping trip. First, we ate lunch. I had half a burger and half a crab cake. That was also delicious! I was able to acquire several dresses that seemed like they would be flattering through the winter and one for the spring. I also got a cute pair of shoes for $6! We stopped at Cafe Du Mon for a snack


Then we headed to Urban Outfitters where Peyton and Patrick both tried unsuccessfully to find hats. After that we went back to the hotel and relaxed a bit. We then headed to a place called "Grand Isle" which supposedly has really good seafood. However, Peyton was the only one to get seafood (a catfish poboy-not really even seafood). We got burgers, salads, grits, and macaroni and cheese that was the best I've ever tasted!





On Sunday morning, we had breakfast in the room and then headed back to Jackson by way of the Urban Outfitters again! Such a fantastic trip!

That sums up our trip. More about this past week and all the fun things that happened later! P.S. Can anybody tell me how to rotate pictures on the blog? Thanks!

No comments: