Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thankful List

Well, I am about a week behind, but I told Peyton I was going to put my thankful list on the blog and so I am going to. Here is a short list of things I am thankful for:

1. The Christmas Season. I love Christmas music and food and decorations and of course Christmas shopping, but so often I forget the meaning behind Christmas. In honor of Michael, I want to say it's always important to remember the "reason for the season". In all seriousness though, it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I want to try especially hard this year to really thing about what it means that God would send his son to earth to live among us.

2. My family. I am so thankful for how amazing my parents are and have always been. They have never given me anything but love and encouragement. They have blessed me in so many ways and so has having a sister who is one of my best friends. I am thankful that I had a grandmother who was more like a second mom than a grandmother and I'm so thankful for the impact "Bump" had on me and the legacy she left so many others. I have a great extended family, now too. Peyton's parents and siblings couldn't be sweeter, welcoming me into their family.

3. My husband. WOW! I don't tell (or show) Peyton enough how much I appreciate him. He is my best friend and one of my favorite people in the world. I can't imagine a day without him. He makes me laugh so hard and is so good to me. For example, the day after Thanksgiving he had the day off and he brought me breakfast in bed. He fixed me eggs, biscuits, and bacon AND hot chocolate and brought it to me in bed on a tray. Not only that, but he got out our Christmas China and put my breakfast on it. It was so special! And every time I get upset about Bump (or anything), he always makes me feel so much better. Finally, I am so thankful that he is giving me the opportunity to stay home with Ann Peyton when she comes. A lot of men these days really want their wives to work and some people want to work and that's a personal decision. However, I am so glad it wasn't even an issue with us. I know I will go back eventually, but right now I'm so glad I'll be able to be home with my little baby bear and I'm glad I have Peyton's support in this.

4. My friends. I wish I saw/talked to them more! I have the most amazing friends ever. I remember when me and Peyton first talked about getting married (a LONG time ago) and I was so upset because I knew I had found my husband, but I didn't have any bridesmaids (besides Cookie and Ellis). I remember praying for a close group of girlfriends my freshman and sophomore year of college. It had never been important to me before, but now it was soo important. This is one of the prayers that I have seen God answer maybe more than any other in my life. I have such sweet friends!

5. Ann Peyton. What a great little surprise! I know that the Lord's plans are so much greater than ours and he decided me and Peyton needed her sooner rather than later. I think it will be so much fun to have our own little girl!

Ok, that is my top five "thankfuls". There are so many more, but I would be blogging all day! I am so blessed and I take that for granted so often.

No comments: