Saturday, December 20, 2008

TSO and the Ripple Effect

So last Wednesday we went to see these guys:





And I have to say, it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I had soooo much fun! After listening to their CDs for the past two Christmases (is that right, what is the plural of Christmas?), I was SO excited to finally get a chance to see them. It was even better than I had anticipated. In fact, I have already decided that we are going back next year (one of our new traditions) and taking our parents and going back every year following. I already started wondering who I will get to take care of Ann Peyton. We had a fabulous night, after I pitched a horrendous, hormonal inspired fit, because Sweetie didn't wake me from my nap in time to get ready leisurely. I was kind of a baby. Cookie says "please don't act that way in front of your child" and Peyton say oh no you can act that way I will just say "Ann Peyton, when we move to New York, we are not taking Mommy with us" (of course, he's kidding). 

BTW, Peyton bought AP TWO books about New York for Christmas. Although, next year is really her first Christmas, this is her negative Christmas. Peyton and my mom have bought her presents already! I will post some pictures after Christmas (which also BTW--wow i get of on tangents--we are spending the night Christmas Eve with my parents). Anyway, after the breakdown I pulled myself together, put on a cute nonmaternity, but still (hopefully) flattering dress-I've blown up in the last few weeks but I HATE maternity clothes-and we attempted to make it to our first stop in time. We were planning on eating at Char (we had a gift card) but they were packed! So we ate at Que Si Ra (sp) and saved the card for another great date! Que Si Ra was fabulous. Peyton had gumbo and fish and I had Shrimp Alfredo. I don't even like shrimp, but I gobbled these down they were soooo good! 

Anyway, back to the concert, I was blown away. I told Logi Bear that I think I (and she) like these guys so much because we like '80s power ballads so much. They are just like an '80s hair band Christmas style. They sing rock opera that rivals Queen, in fact one of the members sang with Queen. Freddie Mercury is probably rocking out in his grave! Anyway, I have been listening to them in my car ever since the concert, but I have to say it's not as fun when its almost 80 degrees. It really dampens my Christmas spirit being so warm, even though Peyton said all the rain was making him (and me) so depressed! He attributed my "blues" in the previous post in large part to the weather. Which is actually kind of funny, because it's only here in MS that it's snowing one week and HOT the next. I would pick the snow; even though I HATE being cold.

That blog I read that day that made me so sad is so inspiring. If you haven't checked it out, do! I have to say she writes so beautifully about the Lord it has inspired me in a way that possibly no preacher ever has! You can just tell her heart is so full and she loves serving Him. Also, her love for her husband has inspired me to try to appreciate Peyton more and really enjoy our time together and to try to be a better wife to him. He tells me I'm getting better--for example, I cook maybe two times a week instead of one time every two weeks and I go places with him that I don't want to go without complaining. Anyway, read The Ripple Effect.

In upcoming posts I should have some awesome pictures since next week is full of activities. Ornament swap tomorrow and then Christmas festivities next week and New Years the next. WOW, so busy, glad no more work days until 2009!

No comments: