Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update: Fun Week

Last week was so much fun. I guess because it's still "Christmas Break" for a lot of people, I got to catch up with some great friends! On Tuesday I had lunch with a really good friend, who recently told me she is expecting a baby in August! I was so excited to hear that. When Peyton and I were still dating (not even engaged) we met her and her husband who were recently married. They were the first married couple close to our age that we were really close to. And they were such an inspiration to us! This couple has really modeled for us what a godly marriage looks like--a picture of Christ and the church. So, as they were one step ahead of us in this area, I kind of always assumed they would be one step ahead of us in parenting as well. If you knew this person, you would see why I already knew she would be one I turned to often for parenting advice. Anyway, I am just as excited, if not more excited, to walk through this special journey together!


On Wednesday, I got to catch up with two of my friends from highschool: Caroline and CC. We went to Mellow Mushroom (one of my favorites) under the guise of just hanging out and catching up. Not only did these sweet girls buy me dinner (and told me to take Peyton the extra as a "Daddy present") they overwhelmed me with their generoisity by giving little Ann Peyton the lovliest presents! They were all such beautiful, classic things; things that they seemed to know would be so special to me! Caroline and her mama got her the sweetest, prettiest dress and a beautiful baby bracelet and CC and her family gave her a Peter Rabbit dish set and her first baby doll--Pink Cheeks Huggums. What sweet special presents; I know Ann Peyton will treasure them! I was so overwhelmed and it was so good to see them and catch up with everything going on in their lives.


Then, last night we hung out with Granny and PopPop--Peyton's grandparents--who were in town for the day. I love seeing them so much....they are almost like my own grandparents!!! We had fun chatting and laughing and eating Penn's.


Today, was a little rough. Micky and Minnie came over to help us with some stuff in the nursury and everyone just got a little stressed. It all ended fine, but you know I hate conflict. Anyway, Peyton and Micky moved the big bed out of AP's room and back to their house and I took down ALL of Christmas by myself. I worked really hard and had had such a hard day, when Peyton got back he had these:



Isn't he such a great hubby? Reviews should be coming in the next few days. I still need to work on my goals (I have decided to do the 101 in 1001 days list--.http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/....which is a bit of an undertaking in itself). But it's coming, too.

No comments: