Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One Last Post Pre-Mommy

So, I totally copied Jamie on this one, but I thought it was such a cute idea. She did her 25 things but she also did 25 things about her husband, Michael, as well. I also thought this was a great idea --Rita is doing 25 things, but each thing is an entire post. I might do it later, but who thinks I'll have time for that any time in the near future? Yeah that's what I thought. And since I don't think Peyton will be hiring a nanny to enable my blog addiction, um we'll see about doing that one in a few months....maybe. So here is my list about Peyton:

25 Random Things about Peyton:

1. He is kind of a green freak. Little things like recycling and turning off lights are really important to him. As are bigger things, like reusable diapers.

2. He has already decided that he wants to be called “Papa”. I think she’ll call him Daddy some too, though.


3. I have made him into a freak-he actually likes to go shopping with me. And I swear I heard the guys at the gap snickering because he says things like “Sweetie, the other one is really more flattering”, as if he’s Clinton Kelly or something.


4. He also recently saw a very “
tackily” dressed little girl and told me “If you ever dress my little angel like that I will kill you”. Doesn’t he realize he wouldn’t even know that was tacky if it wasn’t for me?

5. Now that I’
ve made him sound really questionable, I will say in many ways he is a “guy’s guy”. He loves athletic/outdoorsy things, GI Joes, and loved being a Boy Scout. I think we will have to try until we have a boy, too.

6. He has already come up with a host of nicknames for Ann Peyton. He started calling her “Scooter”, but I said that was kind of boyish so he calls her “Annie Scoot”.
HAHA!

7. He loves hats. In the winter he likes to wear Fedoras and now he’s looking for a straw hat for the summer.


8. He recently told our cat, Darth, she was a “beautiful Egyptian princess”.


9. He’s really protective of the cats. I hope this is a
foreshadowing of how he will feel towards his daughter.

10. He has
SOO much energy. It’s because he has ADHD. I want John Rosemond and the other people who think it’s a fictional disease to come live in my house. He does control it well, however. I used to call him Tigger, because of all his “bounciness” and I said I was like Piglet, because I am a worrier. Our children are going to be anxious little hyper-active worrywarts.

11. But when it runs out, it runs out. He is IMPOSSIBLE to wake up. When he was little his parents thought they had lost him, but he had fallen asleep in his toy box with the lid down. He also feel asleep on the bathmat while the bath water was running over him ruining the carpet outside the bathroom.


12. He is always thinking about changing jobs. I finally just made peace with it. He wanted to teach school for awhile, own his own drug store, or be a nurse. He even went to seminary for awhile (not to be a preacher though; I think he would have liked to start some kind of apologetics ministry or something like that).


13. He
OVERCOMMITS. He has such a hard time saying “no” to people.

14. He wants to live a lot of other places besides Jackson. Mainly NYC. I could live here forever, and just take visits to other places. But it’s a big dream of his so we’re going to do it.


15. He likes casseroles. I hate food mixed together (I even eat my red beans and rice separate). He loves foods mixed together. I am a good wife and fix this stuff occasionally and eat cereal or a grilled cheese for dinner ;)


16. He loves to play chess and wants me to learn how to play with him.


17. He also really wants me to watch all the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies. Which I have no desire to ever do.


18. He has led about four youth boy’s bible studies on purity at our church (which, he’s only been a member of for maybe three years, if that). I think it’s an issue that’s close to his heart. That makes me feel good about raising children with him. I hate it when parents are scared to talk to their kids about sex!


19. He is a very loyal friend.


20. He thinks Curious George should be the first book we read to AP.


21. He has recently taken up watching “Pete and Pete” and “Salute Your Shorts” reruns.


22. He has a great relationship with my dad. There were no boys at our house (even my parents three pets are girls), and Daddy has just loved having Peyton around. Once I asked him (when we were dating) what he’d do if we broke up. He said “Well, he could still come over,
couldn’t he?” I just looked at him like he was crazy. Then he told me that Peyton was like the son he never had. It almost made me cry.

23. He has recently taken to doing “projects”, like my Dad, though on a smaller scale. He installed a shelf in our laundry room and now he’s working on a vegetable garden.


24. He wants to live on a farm when we get old (or you know, now) and have chickens and cows.


25. I have resigned myself to the fact that he is going to be the “fun” parent. I think I’m okay with that. We’ll see.




By the way, in case your curious about something other than my husbands
quirks and idiosyncrasies, obviously I haven't gone into labor but.....BABY IS COMING TOMORROW! We're going to the hospital at 5:00 in the a.m. (see #11--which will be harder, waking Sweetie or giving birth?--um, probably the latter!). So this time tomorrow, we should be snuggling with Ann Peyton.

P.S. I will post pictures ASAR (as soon as reasonable), but I'm giving you a heads up, I don't do cottage cheese pictures. Your not seeing her until she's clean!

1 comment:

Marie said...

WOOOOOO!!! Also #17 and #23 is the story of our life too...