Sunday, April 19, 2009

So Many New Friends

Okay, I'll go ahead and tell you in advance that this is a ridiculously long post. But part of the reason for this blog is to be able to look back and see what was going on in our lives. I just need to update more frequently!

Last week went by so fast!
Monday was the first day we haven't had any company since Ann Peyton was born. I love, love, love visitors, but it was nice to just have a day for the three of us! We just hung around the house all day. It was nice and pretty so we went outside. Peyton read and AP and I feel asleep.

On
Tuesday, we got a visit from one of my old friends from high school, Sarah Catherine, and her mom. She's married and lives in Louisiana now, so I don't see her much. It was fun to catch up. Then our friends from church, Mike and Tara, came over and brought us dinner. They are having their own little baby in May. I'm so excited for them and it's so fun that a bunch of our friends are having/just had babies!

Wednesday, Peyton had to go back to work :( I knew I could handle things without him, so I wasn't really "nervous"; it just made me sad because we had had so much fun these last two weeks. Anyway, it ended up being a really good day. For one thing, I got a TON done around the house:
-6 loads of laundry (two produced by Ann Peyton when she had a little accident all over herself, me, and our bed)
-2 loads of dishes (we cleaned out our fridge the night before)
-straightened the house and put up Easter decorations
-gave Ann Peyton a bath

So, I felt very productive. But also very peaceful. I really enjoyed my quiet time and just the simple pleasures of live, like a glass of cold mint tea. I really feel like I am really growing closer to the Lord. And I don't say that out of pride; I say it out of true humility, because it is HIS faithfulness that has brought me back closer to him time and again. Anyway, I just felt so content in a way I haven't in awhile. I mean AP brings me so much joy, but I haven't had that relaxed feeling of just sitting at God's feet. Anyway, it made me realize how happy I was about this season of my life, and how this is truly what I feel like I have always been called to do--be a wife and mother. I know that one day I'll have a chance to go back and teach and then it will really be a priority but right now my priorities are serving the Lord, being a good wife to Peyton and being a good homemaker, and being the best mother I can be. I was just so filled with joy and I thought to myself that if Peyton ever does feel like stepping away from pharmacy, because he thinks he'll be more content doing something else, I will be so happy for him. I have always said it would be okay, but deep down I have to admit I like the lifestyle his current job allows us to have. Well, right then, I didn't care about any of that. I just wanted him to feel as fulfilled as I did. And I hope I always feel that way. To be honest, I have always struggled with materialism, but lately I am just so satisfied in my relationships, that "things" really have taken a backseat. And that feels so good!

Anyway, when Peyton got home I had babykins all clean and in her pjs and greeted him at the door. He has asked me several times to do this (come to the door, give him a kiss, and ask him how his day was). Anyway, it feels very June Cleverish (which I love--we all know I am constantly wishes I had been born in another era) especially with a baby in tow, but he eats it up. And I videod her after her bath, because he also requested that I video some while he's at work, so he can not miss out on things (such a sweet Daddy). Anyway, GREAT DAY!

On
Thursday, AP went to her fist restaurant. I know, I know, she's only 2 wks. But my uncle was here, and so we went to Walkers and sat outside (surely there aren't that many germs floating around Fondren). And my parents (who are super overprotective and didn't take me to church until I could sing "Jesus Loves Me" by myself) seemed to think it was okay. Anyway, the food was fabulous and she sleept the entire time! Uncle Allen said she looks like Winston Churchhill when my mom asked him who he thought she looked like, haha. That afternoon, my friend Cat, whose precious little boy I kept before AP came, brought over some dvds about the different sounds babies make when they cry. And Thursday night we had a fun visit from Logan!

I will post about the weekend (and a few pictures) tomorrow! Also, I am working on starting back up on my 101 in 1001. I got a little of track the past couple of weeks, due to a, you know, minor interruption ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net