Friday, May 1, 2009

Crafting and Such....

I have had a huge urge lately to craft. Amanda and Ashley, two of my best friends from college, were constantly sitting in their room "crafting". They would say "We should craft (verb) today" or "We need to do some crafting (noun) this weekend". I thought it was funny how they said this and usually I would be like "um, Lo and I will spend the day in our room eating massive amounts of Oreos and watching "Sex and the City" or Vh1's "40 Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs of the 80s" or whatever.

I was just too lazy/ felt too insecure to participate in said crafting sessions. But lately....I don't know what it is; I just have a itch to do some crafty things. I found so much cute baby stuff on Etsy and I decided I really wanted to learn to sew. My mom can crochet, needlepoint, smock, ect. (she smocked us the cutest stuff and my grandmother put the dresses together) basically all kinds of hand sewing, but I want to learn to sew on a machine, so Granny (Peyton's grandmother) is going to teach me! YAY.

I also found this cute place and I am dying to go! Not that I'm a super great artist, but it looks like sooo much fun!

No comments: