Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday-Nursery






Welcome to Ann Peyton's nursery (quick note: these pictures and some of the "commentary" are taken from a previous post, so if you are a regular reader, it may sound familiar!). Several people had asked me before she came if it had a "theme". It really doesn't have a theme in the sense of ponies, or princesses, or ballerinias. If it had a theme, I guess it would be "vintage". I can tell some people don't like it, but I love it!! I wanted it to be sweet and classic, but still be sophisticated. And I wanted it to be perfect for a little girl, but not too babyish. I have to say, it is so soothing, it might be my favorite room in our house! Anyway, here it is:

This is the a sign that one of my sweet friends from college made for Ann Peyton. It is hanging on the outside of her door.


This is the back of the door. It's low enough for her to reach herself in a couple of years.


This is the view from the door.


Ann Peyton's crib and a rocking chair that used to be at Bump's house.


Here is a better views of her crib. Her bedding is very pale pink with white polka dots and is reversible to be white with pink polka dots!



I love this Winnie the Pooh mobile.


Her aquarium--she adores it, but it's not very "pretty" so I cover it with a blanket when she's not using it!


These Joan Walsh Angland pictures above her crib came from a calender my mom had in college. Yes, very vintage!


The wreath I made out of bows from my shower gifts for the hospital door.



The twin bed she will sleep in when she gets older. Also, the bassinet is currently in our room. As I mentioned before, we are in the process of transitioning her to her own bed. (The first night I put her in her crib I said to her "This is where you'll sleep now, Sweetie. And when you are a big girl you'll sleep in your big girl bed. And when you are all grown up you'll have your own house with your family. And then I "ball cried" as Cookie would say). On a lighter (and less ridiculous note), notice the Mac on her dressing table stool, haha, I know.....addiction.



This is hanging over the head of the bed. It is from a book my great grandmother used to read to my mom, called "Fairy Stories". So special!



Some Beatrix Potter characters and bunnies. That behind the bunnies is a runner for a table.



Bulletin board, kitty picture, and bouncy seat



Her initials on the wall by the curtains



Her armoire (sp?) that Minnie found at a junk, um I mean antique, store. She made all but one of those bonnets for me and Cookie!





Window treatments and dressing table.



Here you can see what's actually on her dressing table. On the bunny platter we have some brushes, combs and a trinket box. I love these little brushes that were mine and Cookie's. Brushing her baby hair is so much fun!


And here are some music boxes and figures that my mom also saved from our childhood. We think she will like bunnies and lambs. By the way, I took the two picture frames down to put pictures in them.


Here's how we do storage. First clothes. Armoire has current clothes: playclothes on the left, Sunday clothes on the right. And clothes for the future, the Boppy Pillow, travel swing, and other baby stuff are in the big closet (I JUST got all of my stuff out of it!).



I didn't want a changing table (not enough room) so all her diaper stuff is under the crib (I just change her on a pad on the floor).



These boxes are on either side of the dressing table. One has toys and one has children's books. I love collecting books for her! She has some Max Lucado, Eric Carle, Peanuts, and then some classics like "The Runaway Bunny" and "The Cat In the Hat". Her latest addition is "On the Night You Were Born"--so, so sweet.



And these are my (parenting) books. We have WAY to many books at our house. Two huge bookcases in the den and two others in the study, but still no room for these!



This was taken before she was born. Peyton was practicing tucking Baby Huggums in. Do you think she'll be a prissy little girl?? Haha, I think so!


Sweet Pea (the real baby) says "Bye Bye". (She loves her Sleep Sheep from Minnie!)

7 comments:

Maria said...

I'm so in love with this classically beautiful nursery. Amazing. Great job.

The Baby Cove said...

What a cute room! I like the wreath idea too!

Ellen said...

I love the Joan Walsh Anglund. I had sheets with her pictures on them when I was little. Very sweet.

Brenda said...

So charming! I love the painted armoire/wardrobe.

Kari said...

Very sweet room!!!

Grasso10 said...

What a beautiful room! I love the sentimental touches throughout it, especially the bow wreath and framed book. How sweet!

Thanks for sharing!

-Brooke

Tara G. said...

Love the B. Potter things!