Saturday, June 6, 2009

Funnies

So I just had to do a post about some funny things that happened to me this week:

1. Cookie finally made it to Charleston and had her first day at work (she is a hostess at a streak house). Well, there was nobody to train her and she had to teach herself (which I'm super proud of her for!). Anyway, she sends me this text: "I'll call you tomorrow. Really hectic day. I basically ran a restaurant by myself". Think she has a flair for the overly dramatic? Think it runs in the family ;)

2. I was talking to a sweet lady I know, who is about my moms age and was a stay at home mom. She is seriously one of the most godly women I know, very conservative, strict on her kids, ect. Direct quote "I know this sounds bad but when I held my baby in my arms for the first time one of the first things I thought was 'Holy shit, how am I going to tell (husband) I'm not going back to work?" I nearly fell out laughing!

3. Does anyone else think it's funny that my breast pump is in the study?
I took it in there last night because Peyton was watching "Changeling" and even though I really want to see it I made the wise decision that I just should not watch a movie about someone losing their child, knowing that it would bring up all kinds of fears and emotional craziness. I love this post that Big Mama wrote awhile back about how all she could watch the first year after her daughter was born was Vh1 and "Little Women". That's so me right now!

4. When I came home from the shower today, my mom had put AP in this:
That's right, her swimsuit! She thought it was a dress...haha. This from Minnie, the baby clothes fashionista, who is such a clothes Nazi she thinks Annie should lay around the house in embroidered day gowns, only accept visitors in something smocked, monogrammed or otherwise appliqued and wear the equivalent of a christening gown to church every Sunday. Needless to say I was a bit surprised to see my Babykins sitting sleepily in her swing, SPORTING A BATHING SUIT!

Well, that's all I got for right now...hope you were half as tickled as I was!

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I am still finding my way around blogland....
I always love making new friends..

I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.
Each comment enters you for the June giveaway.