Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Letter to (Two Month Old) Ann Peyton

Dear Ann Peyton,

I cannot believe you are two months old! I guess I will say something like that every month. You are growing so fast and you keep getting more fun to be around every day!

You are still SO tiny! You did graduate from all your preemie clothes and are now in newborns. You are also still wearing newborn diapers. But, I still find myself saying "Oh my gosh, Ann Peyton looks huge" because you've grown so much. Daddy has to remind me that some babies are born as big as you are.

You have your two month "well-baby visit" with Dr. Denney tomorrow and you will get your vaccinations. I know it won't feel good, but it is going to be so good for both of us to be able to get out more.

You are so much more interactive and are starting to communicate with us. You have started to smile when your Daddy bounces you and you are much more vocal. I absolutely love hearing you say "eh eh" in your sweet, soft baby voice. We have taken countless videos of you saying "eh".

You love to touch things, especially soft things. The other day Daddy was rubbing your hand on the General, our kitty cat, and you started patting him with your other hand! Then today, you did something so neat that I almost cried. I was taking a picture of you with your piggie and your started rubbing him. As if that wasn't so neat to watch, I asked you "Annie, do you love your piggie?" and you SMILED AT ME. It was like you were saying "Yes, Mommy, I do love my piggie". I know I was reading to much into it, but I squelled really loud and I think kind of scared you. Anyway, it really was one of the happiest moments of my life.

You also really love your baths! You just love relaxing in the tub. Daddy is pretty jelous of you and keeps asking me if I can find a tub with a hammock for him!

You are starting to enjoy "tummy time" more and the playmat I ordered you came in the mail today. We were so excited to try it out and you thoroughly enjoyed it.

You love it when people talk to you. You just smile and coo at them.

You have slept through the night a few times, but it's not something you've made a habit of. This is probably partly my fault, because I haven't gotten you on a really good schedule. You do take nice long naps during the day though and you love to sleep or just hang out in your swing. You also like to snuggle with Daddy when he gets home from work at night and with me in the mornings.

You are already pretty attached to your paci, we have started calling it a "yum yum" and you LOVE it. Sometimes when you're sleepy it will fall out and you'll keep sucking like it's still there. We've also let you taste ice cream and popsicles lately. You seemed to enjoy both.

Annie, you are so precious and we couldn't be prouder of you. You melt my heart every day. I love you so much and can't wait to see what's in store for next month!

Love, Mommy (and Daddy)

One Month Old Ann Peyton

(now) Two Month Old Ann Peyton

No comments: