Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me Monday




Well, I decided it was time to play along again....and you should, too! Fess up to all the embarrassing stuff you did this week, just be sure to add "not" to it!

I did not use one of these to clean out under Ann Peyton's fingernails.
http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50227206/Toothpicks.jpg
That's right--a toothpick. Because how does a little baby (a little, dainty, petite, girl baby) get dirt under her fingernails anyway? And it certainly wasn't Minnie who told me to use this apparatus. And I defiantly did not do it while I was feeding her so that she'd be distracted. Nope, not me.

I did not think the Denver Nuggets were named after chicken nuggets instead of gold nuggets.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/486979_f260.jpghttp://www.alaskawildberryproducts.com/images/education/klondike-gold-rush/gold-nugget.jpg


I did not feed Annie more table food (Cheese Its and popsicles). I did not refer to it as "table food" like she was a dog.

I did not realize that I was "demand feeding" the kitties (whenever they start meowing, I'd give them more food). Demand feeding your cat makes for one fat pet!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I always have a hard time pumping (my body knows the difference between Evy and the pump!), so BF was really the way to go for me. Even though we were with my whole family traveling, I would just sit in the car and nurse while the rest of the family was going to the bathroom, ordering food, etc. And don't tell the child protection people this, but there were times when I just took EK out of her carseat and fed her while we were driving. She got so sick of that carseat, and we couldn't just pull over every time she got fussy. Not safe and it's not one of my best decisions I'm sure, but you do what you have to do!

Catherine Sledge said...

Hey Denley! Just wanted to say hi, and that I love your blog! I know I don't know you all that well, but I feel like I've gotten to know you better through this! Ann Peyton is adorable--congrats, and on y'alls marriage too! I admire how you have handled all the life changes with grace. Hope y'all are well! love, catherine

Catherine Sledge said...

Hey, Denley--I just wanted to say hi and that I love your blog! I know I don't know you that well, but I feel like I have gotten to know you better through this! (I've just recently started blogging.) Ann Peyton is adorable--congrats, and on y'alls marriage too! I admire how you have handled so many life changes with grace. Hope y'all are well! love, catherine

Carrie said...

We've actually been really blessed when it comes to traveling with the baby. We took our first trip when she was about 6 weeks old. It was just to Birmingham, but it went great. Then we went to Huntsville when she was 4 months and that was fine too. You just have to pack a TON of stuff, but other than that we've had no problems traveling with her. The first time, we gave her bottles in the car because we didn't have tinted windows, but this time I just nursed her in the backseat when we stopped for lunch. You'll do great on your trip, I'm sure. Once get the first trip over with, the next trips won't seem as scary :o)