Saturday, June 20, 2009

What Brings You Happiness, Comfort, or Solace?

What a question, huh?

For some reason, topics of this nature have been coming up on alot of blogs I read and in my quite time I recently read this while sitting under a shady tree (how cool to be reading about refreshing times from the Lord, while experiencing it). Angie just asked her readers where they sought solace and comfort in this post and got lots of great feedback. Tara recently did a meme about "Six Unimportant Things That Make You Happy" and Ashley listed 100 things that make her happy. I love all these ideas! You know I'm all about a list, friends, and I think it is so good for our souls to determine the things that refresh us and then carve out time to actually do them. So, I decided to complete the meme and list a few things that bring me solace. Also, I totally plan on listing my 100 things, but that is another post!

Here are my six unimportant things that make me happy:
1. Coca Cola
2. Red Beans and Rice EVERY Friday night with my parents
3. LISTS
4. snail mail
5. comments on my blog
6. seeing Ann Peyton smile when her Daddy talks to her in a funny voice (actually, that is not unimportant, so I kind of cheated!)

and here are a couple of things that I find solace in:
  • This wonderful devotion book by Max Lucado--LOVE him. I love sitting in my sunroom with a glass of juice or tea and reading the morning part!
  • And this beautiful song that I could (and usually do) listen to at least once a day
There are plenty more and I may end up making a BIG list of both of these in addition to the happiest list; haha, if you are not a "list person" you should probably NEVER come back to my blog again! Anyway, I don't tag people much anymore, but I'd love to hear what inspires ya'll or brings you solace and what "unimportant" (or important) things make you happy....so leave a comment if you'd like, or do a whole post about it if you want and let me know you did it! I'm not going to be crushed if I get 0 responses, but I will make Peyton do a guest post about his!

No comments: