Thursday, July 23, 2009

25 Random Things--#4 (Organizing Things)

So, I decided it was time again for another "random things" post. Random thing #4 from my list of 25 Random Things About Me is:

4. I love to organize things. My favorite chores are laundry, unloading the dishwasher and putting up groceries. These activities relax me.

Seriously, I know it's kind of weird, but I do love organizing. I'm very OCD about my closet, pens in my desk, AP's closet, and our kitchen cabinets. Also, as I stated, chores that involve organizing/putting things up really relax me. I tend to hate "cleaning" chores, but like "straightening" chores.

I also have several blogs about organizing that I follow, and I love to read articles in Real Simple or watch tv shows about organizing things. Last year, I even read a book about organizing things.

Some things I do to stay organized:
- I straighten my house daily FIRST THING.
- I attempt to make meal plans weekly.
- We use an online financial tool called Mint to budget our money...it's very organized and user friendly
- LISTS. I love them. That is a whole other post, but to stay sane I must make at least one list a day.
- (This is a bit OCD, but) I have categories on my to-do list. Each day I attempt to do one cooking task, one cleaning task, one organizing task, ect. These aren't everyday things like making the bed; they are extra things such as "clean out fridge", "wash sheets", or "organize desk drawer". It may not make sense, I'll explain it better in a future post.

I do have to say, I struggle SO MUCH with time management. I just never feel like there are enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to get done.

This post was pretty fun; I think I'll do more posts about how I keep my life organized. I'd love to here any great organizational tips y'all have. Panda, remember when I totally ganked your "receipt holder" idea? Still have it, only now AP has her own little section, haha!

No comments: