Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday's Fave Five

Time for another edition of Friday's Fave Five

[<span class=

So, I'll just go ahead and tell you that from now until...awhile , probably at least one of my favorite things each week will be baby clothing, a baby toy, or other baby gear. It just goes with the territory! And by the way, it is a powerful love that brings you into one of your own favorite stores (i.e. Target) only to find things for your babykins, bypassing all things for yourself!

So, here are my fave this week:

1. Boppy Pillow by Dwell Studio for Target

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/46/0/AAAADGHh9lYAAAAAAEYN7A.jpg



I love this pillow I got for Ann Peyton. It is so soft and I just LOVE these little "love birds". They are kind of my new thing. I don't use it that much for nursing, but we use it almost every day for tummy time and resting, as you can see.

2. Dwell Studio/Fisher Price 3 in 1 High Chair/Annie "Tasting" Table Food

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NEAOmGUnAyA/SXkjJ0hrv5I/AAAAAAAAPAg/JiYAmQtF2cw/s400/Fisher-Price+DwellStudio+High+Chair++Target+-+Mozilla+Firefox+1222009+75213+PM.bmp.jpg

Another Dwell Studio item; I'm kind of fond of the collection. Anyway, this chair is SOO cute and I try to buy most things unisex, just in case round two happens to be a boy. I love the little dishes and utensils and I also like that it is so versatile (regular high chair with base, high chair that attaches to real chair, and booster seat). I always try to find things that are able to be used in multiple ways. It did get recalled, but FP was super quick about sending us a replacement part! Anyway, we put her in it for the first time the other day and fed her a little bit of watermelon through her little mesh feeder....SO exciting!

3. Super Fun Times With Friends This Week
It's too bad I don't have any pictures downloaded yet, but things like bathing and changing diapers have to take priority. Anyway, I had so much fun seeing at least one friend every day this week: Monday- dinner with Morgan and Haydn at their house (Mary Milton was dying to be there; she's ready to come out according to Morgan)
Tuesday- sushi for lunch with Neil and Cookie; dinner with my family at Char for Cookie's birthday
Wednesday- lunch with Momma and her friends at We Love Yogurt
Thursday- painting with the friend group (my old college friends) at Easely Amused
I guess I decided to give an itenirary in lieu of pictures, haha. But I'm so glad I got to see so many fun people; it made the long days without Peyton go by so much quicker (he worked every day this week). Also, I tried to order smaller things, so we could stay within our eating out budget. It kind of helped that Daddy paid for everyone's dinner on Cookie's b-day (wink)!
4. This Great Devotion Book By Max Lucado

http://graphics.christianbook.com/g/display/1/113749.gif

Seriously, this is probably the best devotional I've ever had! I love it because it has a short morning and evening devotion and has a place to write your thoughts at the bottom of each page; highly recommend it!

5. Peach Cobbler Made By Minnie

http://family.go.com/images/cms/food/peach-cobbler-photo-240x240-AR-19897.jpg

This isn't really her's, because I've already eaten the vast majority of it! How sweet is my mom to bake stuff and stock my fridge, because she's worried I'm so tired from AP's new schedule (really it isn't that bad....get up every four hours at night, three in the day; very doable).

So, that's my five for the week!

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

I spent today babysitting my cousin's infant and had great fun, so I can appreciate the baby stuff. :-) Enjoy your little one!

Brenda said...

Nice tip on the devotional book, I'm always looking for a good one. Looks like it was a good week for you.

Susanne said...

Cute baby stuff.

Getting together with friends is such a special time.

That devotional is wonderful.

Elizabeth said...

I bought a Boppy pillow to use when I had my youngest daughter (who is now 4). It was the best thing ever! She still uses to lay in the floor to watch a movie or cartoons. Thanks for the suggestion on the Max Lucaddo devotional. He is one of my favorite authors.