Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Have Baby, Will Travel. In a Buick. For Twelve Hours.

Or, really more like thirteen, by the time we stopped to feed her every three hours. We left at around 7:30 Friday morning and got to our hotel in Charleston at around 9:00 that night (you do loose an hour because of the time change, though). Anyway, it was a pretty long trip, but Ann Peyton did fabulous! The trip to Charleston was definitely harder than the trip back because Peyton, Ann Peyton, me and my mom and Dad were all piled into the Buick (yet another thing I inherited from Bump) with all our stuff.

Exhibit A:

By the way, packing is my gift. I am the one who packs the bags and then I tell Peyton how to pack the trunk/car.

This is what she did most of the trip. She woke up and we entertained her some, but mostly she just slept. I love that she has started to actually hold onto her lovey. Don't you love the rabbit's feet? Bunnykins was a present from my good friend Jamie.


When she did wake up, Peyton entertained her with some tunes on his new iPhone.


She was gripping my finger, so Peyton decided we should take a picture of us all holding hands!


Back asleep.....she loves that paci!


So, the trip was not near as bad as I had anticipated. And the trip back was even easier, because Momma and Daddy rode back with Cookie. She probably slept at least 85% of the time and was really content almost all of the rest. She cried, maybe, thirty minutes the whole way there and back.

Also, feeding her wasn't really as big of a deal as I had thought. I did manage to pump about two bottles for the trip up, and it was nice to be able to give her those (one we ended up not even using until dinner that night). The other times, everyone else just got out to eat, go to the bathroom, or stretch and I fed her in the car. I'm not extremely modest, but I'm also not one whose going to pull out my boob and feed my baby on a crowded airplane, in Target, or at the swimming pool. But we kind of parked away from other cars so it was really no big deal.

Overall, a great experience!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sweet, sweet little Ann Peyton :o) I'm so glad she did so well!

And we can have lunch anytime you want to -- let me know when you're free :o)