Sunday, July 26, 2009

How Many Outings Can One Week Hold?

ALOT! This week was seriously one of the busiest since Ann Peyton's arrival. I know I mentioned it in another post, but it's always fun to go back over the week (to me at least).

Monday was great because Peyton had the day off!
We took advantage of that and went down to visit Granny and PopPop in Hebron and then we had dinner with our friends the Roberts, at their house. It's always such fun to take Ann Peyton to visit her great grandparents and this trip was no exception! Awhile back, I wrote about how I had a new found desire for "crafting". Well, the last couple of times we've been to Granny and PopPop's, Granny has been teaching me to sew!! My main objective is to just learn to make a few little things for AP (especially since my Mom knows how to smock, but she can't used a machine). Several people I know like Ashley and Rachel, have started their own businesses and I'd love to think that would be an option one day if I get good enough! Supper with Morgan and Haydn was fabulous! Morgan cooked an excellent chicken dish and we laughed and laughed with the soon to be parents (AP came along with us).

Tuesday
was almost just as busy! It was my sweet little sister's 22nd birthday! Sidebar: the last half of the summer has just been awful for her...her asshole seriously unkind boyfriend cheated on her, broke up with her, and rubbed it in her face. She is honestly the most beautiful person inside and out, and it just makes me so angry (can you tell?). So, please be in prayer for her as she starts her senior year and also for a man worthy of her affection. Anyway, for her birthday, Neil (one of her old friends from highschool who was actually in my class) took her out for lunch and invited me and AP along. So met them for sushi at Sakura Bana. Then Cookie came by my house for a bit. For supper, my dad took us all to Char and it was lovely. Peyton's parents were delighted to keep Annie!

On Wednesday, I went to lunch with my Mom and her friends at We Love Yogurt. It was so much fun....Minnie's friends are a hoot! I laughed and laughed and they all took turns holding Ann Peyton. I was a little upset when she got mistaken for a boy, but what can you do, she was wearing pink? When she got mistaken again at the grocery store, I decided maybe we should invest in some bows/headbands (so far all the headbands have been too big and I don't think she has enough hair for bows)!

I had a great time on Thursday, when I got to go with my old college "friend group" to this supper fun place that I also mentioned in my crafting post. I am going to put up the picture later, but I want to do a whole post about it because it was kind of emotionally significant.

The weekend was pretty laid back. We had beans and rice at Mickey and Minnie's on Friday, of course and I spent a little of Saturday over there, as well. It was nice to have a couple of days without any real commitments. Then today Peyton was off again (yay!), we went to The Pointe to hear a guest speaker and then ran a few errands (we finally got a "first year calendar" haha)!

No comments: