Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Wedding Party and Flowers

Photobucket

This week on Kelly's Korner the theme is "Show Us Your Wedding Party and Flowers". Peyton and I have been blessed with such a wonderful bunch of friends that stood by us both literally and figuratively during this special occasion. Here are my sweet bridesmaids.

My bridesmaids were (from the left) Elizabeth, Stephanie, Cookie, Logan, Ashley, and Amanda. Elizabeth is Peyton's sister. She is expecting her first child and should be going into labor any day now......I'm so excited I could pop, too! Stephanie is one of my good friends from college. She is seriously one of the best people I know. She is so honest and is one of the only people I have NEVER heard gossip about anyone! Cookie was actually my maid of honor, of course, because she is my sister AND best friend. Logan was a definite runner up. I've talked about her before on the blog. Ashley was my best friend from the School of Ed. We planned our schedules together during college; we would even make our adviser appointment at the same time, so we could be sure we'd have ALL our classes together. Amanda was Ashley's roommate and I spent many a day/night in their room and vice versa. We call her "Manda Panda" and she always had some boy drama (p.s. I know she's reading this).......thank goodness I think she's finally found "him", because I don't think I'm up to another one of her sagas.


Cookie and I picked out their dresses together. I wanted something really soft and flowey for summer and something that would flatter everyone. And I LOVED the aqua color. Plus, I wanted something that didn't look like a "bridesmaid dress" and something they could wear again. Cookie has yet to cut hers off as she planned to, and I almost beat her to the punch and wore the thing when I was pregnant....haha!


Peyton had a great group of groomsmen. He comes from a big family (five children) and three were his brothers.
His attendants were Joseph, Andrew, Ellis, Michal, Rob, and Daniel. Joseph is Peyton's youngest brother, who I credit for Peyton's mad diaper changing skills (Peyton was 14 when he was born). Andrew is another brother and served Peyton as his best man. Next to Peyton is Ellis, who is MY best friend since the seventh grade. Thank goodness he and Peyton hit it off or he'd sure enough be standing on my side! Since I don't have a brother, Ellis also ushered my mom in. It was so sweet. Sidenote: Ellis called me at least several times a week during my pregnancy and EVERYDAY the first few weeks after Ann Peyton was born.....he is an AMAZING friend. On the other side is Michal, another brother (who is also a wonderful photographer). Next is Rob, who is probably our oldest mutual friend--we used to hold hands in the back of his car when we said we were "just friends". And last but not least is Peyton's sister's husband, Daniel, who is a great brother in law.


Peyton and Andrew


Me and Ellis



I just thought these two pictures were fun!


Although not technically part of the wedding party (well, Momma wasn't) I wanted to include one of my whole family.


These are our precious flower girls. Cookie and I were actually in their parents' wedding!


Jim was the associate pastor at our church and one of Peyton's dearest friends. He was seriously the first person we called after my parents when I found out I was pregnant!


Morgan and Steve read scripture. It was very important to both of us to choose people that had a special spiritual significance in our lives to read scripture. Steve was the youth minister at our church when I was in youth group and then Morgan took his place my freshman year of college. Steve is seriously one of my biggest role models; he and his wife modeled such a Godly marriage and Morgan got to be such a close friend over my college years.


We got married at the church I grew up in, Galloway Untied Methodist Church, which is absolutely beautiful. So, I really didn't want a whole lot in the way of flowers to distract from it.


I used mostly white roses and other white or very light colored flowers.


My bouquet was full of white and very pale pink roses.


I also had little white flowers in my hair....I thought it was very sweet and charming and it reminded me of Jenny in Forrest Gump (minus the IV drug use and HIV).


The bridesmaids' bouquets were also very simple.


Here is my mom with her's......looking like she had lost her ever loving mind. Uh, yeah, she was sort of excited.


This picture of Morgan and Steve is really the best of the flowers that decorated the church.
I love hydrangeas and think they are so pretty and summery so I incorporated them in both the wedding and reception.


We saved and some from the wedding and they are now in this basket in my living room!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

You looked so gorgeous....what a beautiful wedding, my friend!

Natalia said...

Love the color of your bridesmaids dresses!

Rebekah said...

You look beautiful! And I love the delicate flowers in your hair!

Ashley said...

You looked beautiful. What a great, vibrant color for the bridesmaids! Thanks for giving us a peak into your wedding day!

Carrie said...

I can tell your wedding was beautiful!

Kickin' Kari said...

You looked so pretty! Love the little flowers in your hair! beautiful. :)

Courtney said...

Just stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I love the color of your bridesmaids dresses!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

what a pretty wedding!

Claire said...

What a truly beautiful wedding!

Cxx