Thursday, July 9, 2009

Annie's Accident (Don't Worry, It's Not That Bad!)

So we didn't make it to Bible study tonight. And it wasn't because I'm a poor time manager when I don't start out my day by scheduling it in thirty minute intervals. Although I didn't and it did make for a pretty unproductive day. I know it sounds crazy, but this sort of compulsive routine making is the control freak's equivalent of the morning quiet time for the Christian. I jest....sort of. And it wasn't because Ann Peyton was cranky, well not at first. It was because her Minnie sprayed her IN THE FACE with a garden hose. No worries, she is fine. My mom was just being the sweetie she is and trying to help me out by watering my plants while entertaining my baby while I played on the computer and ate cheesy goodness did really important pre-trip tasks. And then there was a kink in the hose and she was doing the thing. You know the thing...where you just throw the hose around to get the kink out. And then it happened. It turned back on her. And Ann Peyton. They were both soaked. And I have seriously never heard my child scream that loud. Not even when she got her vaccinations. But really being sprayed forcefully with a water hose is slightly more shocking (if not more painful) than being stuck with a needle. Anyway, my normally calm, mellow Babykins was hysterical for the better part of an hour!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aww, bless her little heart! :o(

Catherine Sledge said...

poor baby! too funny. ok--this is late but here it is from my pediatric dentistry textbook: It is important that a few basic home oral hygiene procedures for the child begin during the first year of life. There is general agreement that plaque removal activities should begin on eruption of the first primary teeth. Some practitioners recommend cleaning and massaging of the gums before this to help in establishing a healthy oral flora and to aid in teething. This early cleaning must be done totally by the parent. It can be accomplished by wrapping a moistened gauze square or washcloth around the finger and gently massaging the teeth and gingival tissues. The child can be positioned in numerous ways during this procedure, but cradling the child with one arm while massaging the teeth with the hand of the other may be the simplest and provides the infant with a strong sense of security. This procedure should be performed once daily. Generally, other plaque removal techniques are not necessary. The introduction of a moistened, soft-bristled, child- or infant-sized toothbrush during this age is advisable only if the parent feels comfortable using the brush. The use of a dentifrice is neither necessary nor advised as the foaming action of the paste tends to be objectionable to the infant.

ps. dentrifice means toothpaste.
hope this helps a little!