Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bittersweet

Annie has been wearing these white eyelet shoes that were mine and Cookie's all summer. I love putting her in our old things....my mom is such a pack rat and she did such a great job of getting it all looking decent again. Seriously, of everything I have put her in, I get more compliments on her little "vintage" shoes (circa 1985) than anything else! Here she is in them on the Fourth of July

Well, today my mom was over here and we decided that they really are getting to little for her. I consoled myself by saying we'd have another girl one day*** and that we needed to put up these "summer" shoes, anyway, since it's almost September. And I took LOTS of pictures


***I hope for Peyton's sake we have a boy, as well. I don't know what I'll do with a boy, but he really wants one, and I'm sure I'll love it. He said, though, that if we had three girls in a row, he wouldn't risk it a fourth time.......because he couldn't pay for four weddings, haha!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Aww, I know that is bittersweet! I'm always a little sad when it's time to pack up another round of clothes/shoes. Like you said though, it's almost time for fall! I'm a big believer in no summer clothes or shoes after Labor Day, so I'm trying to let Aubrey wear all her summery things one last time! Time to go fall shopping :o)

Heidi said...

Aww! Those shoes are so cute! My kids shoes and bathing suits are the two things that I am saving obsessively. Also, the cloth diapers. It's really sweet that you can put on your daughter what you once wore. :-)

You're right! We don't know the gender of Babykins, but I think it might be a boy due to a slip or two from the ultrasound lady. However, the heartbeat is so fast that it could be a girl... who knows!

It would be so nice to be friends in real life! Too bad Mississippi and Texas are so far away! At least we're both in the South though, right?! Thank God for that! :-)

Holly said...

What cute little shoes! :D