Sunday, August 2, 2009

Letter to (Four Month Old) Ann Peyton

Dear Ann Peyton,

It is so hard to believe that you are beginning your fifth month of life! It seems like the time has whizzed by and at the same time, I already can't remember life without you. Everyday with you is better than the last.

You continue to get more and more "talkative". You love to coo and smile. You are even starting to laugh a little bit.....it is possibly the sweetest sound I've ever heard in my life.

Whenever Daddy (who still wants you to call him Papa) gets home, you are all smiles and just can't get over how happy you are to see him. Of course, if somebody put on a show like he does for me, I'd probably smile and giggle, too! Speaking of Daddy, you LOVE doing "exercises" with him and smile so big when he turns you upside down or bounces you. You also think it's fun to stand up with one of us supporting your weight....it's the next best thing to an Exersaucer, which you are just not quite tall enough for yet.

You still love relaxing in your swing, but more and more you are wanting to be on the floor or be where the action is. You like to sit up against your Boppy Pillow and we try to face you away from the TV most of the time, but you flop your head back so you can see it! You also strain and turn your head to look at us now, too.

You are beginning to roll over (you can roll from your back to your side, but not all the way to your tummy) and love scooting around a little bit on your back.

Your eating schedule has really helped your appetite. You definitely let me know when you are hungry! We have given you a few fruits to try in your mesh feeders and you seem to like watermelons and bananas (watermelon was your favorite). You also sat in your high chair for the first time the other day....you looked like such a big girl! Minnie likes to give you all kinds of treats.....she really loves to give you "Annie Bunnies", which are little organic graham crackers that are shaped like bunny rabbits. You love gumming them.

You are wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes and few 3 month outfits. We also have a bathing suit for you and I've really been meaning to take you swimming before the summer ends!

You went on your first long trip this month, to Charleston, SC, to see Cookie. It was so much fun and you did great! I was a little worried because the drive was so long (twelve hours) and during the time we were there you didn't get to nap as much as you do at home, but you acted like a pro! You were actually a much better traveler than your Minnie.

Speaking of Cookie and Minnie, they do not let more than two days go by without seeing you. They are always coming over here or asking me to bring you for a visit. Cookie is going to miss you SO BAD when she goes back to Ole Miss. You are a very blessed little girl because you have so many people that love and care about you.

For some reason, Mommy has struggled with worrying about you a lot this month. Maybe, the more I get to know you, the more I fall in love with you and it scares me that something could ever happen to you. But I don't want to be that Momma that doesn't let you enjoy your childhood because I'm so worried about everything. I want you to grow into a happy and care-free little girl.

Ann Peyton, each day that I spend with you, I love you more than the last. This is the most wonderful job I could ever ask for and you are the best baby I could ask for you. I'm so excited about seeing what you are like as a four month old....I know that the precious gift you are will continue to blow my mind and challenge my thinking in ways I've never imagined.

Love, Momma (and Papa)

One Month Old Ann Peyton
Two Month Old Ann Peyton
Three Month Old Ann Peyton
(now) Four Month Old Ann Peyton

No comments: