Thursday, August 13, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Vacation Spot

Photobucket

I haven't traveled a whole lot by some people's standards, but I have been to a few pretty cool places, such as:
- Tahoe City, California
- Washington D.C.
- Virgin Islands
- San Francisco, California
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Walt Disney World (Orlando, Florida)
- New York City, New York

As beautiful as Tahoe and the virgin islands are, as fun as the fast paced city atmosphere of NYC is, as unique as the culture of San Francisco is, as fascinating as the histories of D.C. and Charleston are, and as fun as the fantasy of Disney World is; my ALL TIME FAVORITE vacation spot is.......

Destin, Florida

I think it has to do with the fact that, although the adventures were super fun and amazing in their own right and I'd never trade them; to me, for a vacation to be just that (a vacation) it has to be relaxed and laid back. And there is NOTHING like the beach. I just love relaxing on the sand, splashing in the sea, hitting up some outlets, and eating out a ton!!



Summer 1985-my first trip to Destin

Summer 2005-trip with Peyton and his brother


Summer 2006-girls' trip


Summer 2007-girls' trip



Summer 2008-my bachelorette trip


Well, we didn't make it this summer, because most three month olds don't love the beach (I did--see the first picture). But here is Ann Peyton pretending on the Boppy Pillow:
AP modeling her swimsuit. Her paci even matches--fierce, right?

I can't wait to take her next year!!!


Thanks for stopping by!

* Please excuse the quality, some are "pictures of pictures"--from before the digital age!


10 comments:

Ashley said...

I love AP pretending...so cute!!!!

Tiaras said...

A girl must look smashing on the beach - love the baby shot!

Tara G. said...

How neat to have so many special memories celebrated in the same place!

Emily said...

How fun that you've been going there for so long!

Katie Patterson said...

Love the old picture and your trips through the years. NEAT idea!!!

Summer said...

Have to have the paci match the swimsuit! How cute is that... :0)

Summer said...

Have to have the paci match the swimsuit! How cute is that :0)

Nikki Cogg said...

I've never been to Destin but I've heard it's so beautiful! Fun pictures :)

Christa said...

I LOVE Destin too! I have been going for about 10 years now. It is beautiful there!

Shoshanah said...

I went to Destin my first time a few summer ago, and had a great time! I'd love to be able to go back someday