Monday, September 28, 2009

Of Sad Blogs, Sherri Sheppard and Comfort Food

So, I went out with my friends last night. A great time was had. However, my friend Amanda introduced me to yet another sad blog. Manda Panda is an AVID blog reader and I keep trying to convince her to start her own blog. But she keeps giving me excuses like she's "too busy with dental school" or "she has nothing to write about". Whatever. Back to my main point: another sad blog to be addicted to.

Anyway, I read a bunch last night and then read some more this morning and it really almost did me in. I know the obvious answer is just to avoid these blogs all together, but for some reason I just can't. I get hooked. So this morning was filled with a few tears and lots of snuggling with one Ann Peyton Herrington. Then I decided that I wanted to reclaim my day and make it into the relaxing, yet productive day I had planned for it to be. So, I did the only thing I knew to do to heal myself. I turned on The View (I always DVR it) to watch Sherri (whom I adore) say stupidly absurd and hilarious things and broke out the Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese. Do not take a shower, do not put on your real clothes, do not pass Go, and do not collect $200. So, yeah it's good to still be in our pjs at 12 noon watching The View and eating junk for lunch.

I have to say although there is tension in my relationship with the Panda, due to said blog induced anxiety, I think I'm gonna keep her. Primarily because she came up with the super cute idea of putting bows on the antennas of the Glow Worm costume so everyone would know it was a GIRL glow worm. Maybe she could start a blog to help mommy bloggers with huge issues such as this. I also have to give props to Jamie, who reminded me that the shoes (and tights) will make the outfit (and help convey her feminine identity). So, I think we'll go with it. Thanks for playing.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Turn off the computer and walk away from the sad blogs. Just walk away, Sarah Denley. I think you need an intervention. It's becoming a problem. Hahaha. :o)

Anonymous said...

I apologize for being the present culprit of your blog depression. I promise that I will no longer introduce you to sick children or sad mothers who produce blogs for nosey people like you and I to read and cry endless tears.

I am on a mission to find a happy blog to read and I'll let you know asap. I just can't find one interesting enough HA!

Manda Panda