Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life- My Go To Dinner Recipe

Photobucket


Okay, so my recipe is SUPER easy and SUPER quick. If you like fish, this is a great one. I hate "fishy fish"; we always use Tilapia, it's so mild.

Anyway, I got this recipe from a friend. You can do it a variety of ways:

1. season with Lawry's (or some kind of seasoning salt) and Lemon Pepper and sometimes Parsley, melt a few pats of butter and pour over it, bake at 400 for about 15 minutes; then, add Parmesan cheese (the real kind) and bake another 10-15 minutes. (it cooks really quickly)
or
2. season the same way - except use lemon juice mixed in with the butter. don't use the cheese. cook for 25 minutes or so at 400. Also after they're done, pour a little more lemon butter on top.
or
3. sometimes I also add pecans or almonds to the top. Usually I just use my little skillet, melt a few pats of butter in there, then put my pecans or almonds in the skillet with about a teaspoon of sugar and stir around for about 5 minutes on medium or medium-low heat. They're a little trickly at first b/c they look fine and then all of a sudden they burn, so just don't cook them on high and watch them. After the fish are done, just add the nuts to the top. another option is to just put the uncooked nuts on the fish in the oven 5-10 minutes before you take them out rather than cooking them on the stove.

They are all really quick and so much easier than cooking it on top of the stove. I'm really into "easy". I'm hoping to find some good easy recipes tonight, as I've totally JUST started learning to cook!

P.S. If you use option one, I say "the more cheese the better". I'm not sure you can overdo it. It kind of takes away the satisfaction of it being your one healthy meal night of the week, though!

5 comments:

Lindsey Conrad - Nabors said...

I am all about super easy meals too! =)

Monica said...

great fish recipe!I also hate fishy fish!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds great.....Had a free night to blog hop. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

darnold23 said...

We are fortunate to be able to get tilapia so readily now. You might also enjoy flounder or halibut as they are mild as well. Your recipe is easy and, I'm sure, tasty. Thanks for sharing it with us. I host a weekly blog event at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com called Crock Pot Wednesday. I would love for you to join me for that. Come check it out.

Ashley said...

We love tilapia here! :) We always have it in our freezer. I will definitely be trying these! Thank you!