Sunday, September 27, 2009

Super Productive Day

Yesterday was a super productive day at my house! The guy from Dish Network came to fix our DVR at about 9:00 and he decided he needed to remove EVERYTHING from this bookcase in order to fix it (the problem ended up being in the attic).
But, he was so nice, I wasn't upset at all! Anyway, it wouldn't have been a big deal except that Granny and PopPop were in town and stopping by for a visit. Granny is an amazing homemaking, so I like my house to be really clean and picked up when she comes over. Anyway, I went ahead and fixed it and I guess I just got on a little kick, because I got alot accomplished.

Before Noon:
- straightened house
- came up with plan for baby food*
- bathed and dressed AP
- made suddenly salad
- put everything back on the bookshelf
- did a long overdue bit of organizing in my closet
- took some things to the attic
- washed three loads of laundry**
- changed baby bedding in AP's crib
- showered

Then Granny and PopPop visited and we had such a nice time chatting and playing with Ann Peyton. We are so blessed to have them in our lives! After they left, I really outdid myself (ha!) and accomplished more productive activities.


The Rest of the Day:
- made baby food (peaches) and attended to my finger that I sliced with the food processor
- baked peanut butter cookies (Slice and Bake, but still...)
- did more laundry
- folded all this laundry (where does it come from??)
- went to Target
- worked on family finances (filed receipts)

So, I don't feel so insecure when I read certain overly ambitious people's blogs (as much). You know who you are.

* I have been freezing AP's baby food in ice trays and then dethawing them by putting the cubes in the fridge in a plastic baby food container (we do buy her food from the store sometimes, just like we do use disposable diapers sometimes) that has been washed. The problem is she's really starting to need more than one cube and that's all that will fit in one container. I'm not really sure when she moves up to "second foods" and the bigger containers, but until then I may just freeze them in the baby food container and then transfer them to a freezer bag once they're all frozen (however, I'll have to buy more baby food to get the containers). Sheesh! The reason we use the containers in the first place is because most Tupperware is just so big for this purpose. I guess it wouldn't matter since we only dethaw a couple at a time, but it would just take up space in the fridge (pet peeve).

** So for some reason, I always try to do things the most efficient way possible, (i.e. making as few trips to the laundry room, loading and unloading the dishwasher systematically, ect.) I don't know why it's just yet another OCD quirk of mine, but I'm like the guy from Cheaper by the Dozen. Well, a few days ago I realized that I have been VERY inefficient in how I fold clothes. I have been folding them all in the den and then taking them to the bedrooms. Wow, it would be so much easier to fold them in our bedroom since that's where most of them go, rather than taking piles and piles back to the bedroom. I think it's because most of AP's "stuff" (her swing, Exersaucer, ect.) is in the den and that TV works better, but really......

Now that you're crying tears of boredom, I'll put up the ever-exciting "Weekly Happenings" post later tonight!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Haha, this is great! I kinda wrote a response on my blog to your question about my keeping house habits... Girl, if we could just go to lunch one day, oh what fun we'd have!

Also, I L-O-V-E that checkered chair that's in the picture of your bookshelf. Please take a picture of it and post it on here so that I can obsess and copy it. Would you mind telling where you got it from as well?

I love your blog-- :-)