Monday, October 12, 2009

Just Another Weekly Happenings Post (devoid of a creative title)

Apparently we are so used to making this ridiculous face when we take pictures of AP that we do it anytime a camera is present, whether she can see us or not. Notice she looks terrified, probably because she is beginning to realize what crazars her parents truly are.

Last week was really uneventful, for the most part. Also, I'm sad to tell you that the Mamarazzi was not out in full force this week (at least not until Saturday). I'm going to *try* really hard this week.

Monday was pretty blah. I got a cavity filled and Peyton laughed at me like he had never seen anybody with a pain killer induced crooked smile before in his life. He thought it was just hilarious. We went to my parents house and by the bank and that was pretty much the day.

On Tuesday AP and I went to Mother's Morning Out. And that was pretty much the day. I wish I could remember what else I did on these days when I was home. I'm going to have to start remembering. I know I organized some and cooked a frozen lasagna and probably did some wash. I'm going to go with that anyway.

Wednesday was a bit more eventful. We had AP's doctor's appointment and as you know, it went smoothly (thanks for your prayers).
Then AP and I went over to Carrie and Aubrey's house to plan a "mommy's only" trip. AP was so disappointed because we came right before Aubrey's nap time and her friend had to go night night. Then we went and visited my mom and dad.

Thursday was MMO again, of course. And that was pretty much the day.

Friday we went to Beans and Rice. Yeah, that was the day.

Saturday pretty much made up for the whole week as far as the how packed it was and the amount of energy it required. We left for Oxford around 7:00 am and got back around 7:00 pm. It was a full day!

The weather was as Cookie said "mis" (that's Cookiespeak for miserable). But the little fashionista was not deterred.
Doesn't she look just like the little boy in "A Christmas Story"?


Okay, she does look slightly miffed here.


She was so warm and cozy; we were all kind of jealous.


I feel like I need to address something here. I think that I have worn my hair in a pony tail all but about two days of the last three weeks. And although I'd like to think I rock the po0fy pony as much as Minnie does (my mom really does look SO cute in a ponytail), I am not okay with ponytailing 90% of the time. I suspect it has a lot to do with the weather ("what's the point?" kind of thinking), but I think I also need a trim. Also, because I want to go off on a rabbit trail within my rabbit trail, I have to tell y'all that the mom of Cookie's BFF asked her if she was wearing a BumpIts. I don't even know what to say about that.

A few friends stopped by the tent

Momma with her brother, my uncle, Allen


Allison and Logan


Cookie got mad at her friend, Caroline for putting this sticker on AP. She said she cannot wear it this young. She'll get cut from everything else. How thoughtful of Aunt Cookiekins to already be making sure rush goes smoothly for AP.


AP and Caroline; this is my new favorite Annie picture. I love how she's peaking out.


Yesterday, AP and I missed morning church. I definitely did not even hear my alarm clock. But we did go to evening church and were richly rewarded for it: a sermon on anxiety. I could hear one of those every day of the week and it would do me good!

AP was all "Mom, do we have to go to church? My Johnny Jumper is so much fun!". And I was all "Yes, Sweetie, we need to make sure our priorities are in order". I just knew it was the first of many conversations like this.

So, this week is already looking busy. We had a relaxing rainy day at home today, but things are picking up starting tomorrow.

No comments: