Thursday, October 22, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

subtitle: a tribute to my dear, sweet friend who I made fun of for telling me to "work with" Ann Peyton on her sitting skillz (yeah, I channeled my 8th grade self with that last word)**

So here's what happened--we'd balance her and she'd sit for a little bit. Exciting, huh?

She started out doing it for about 10 seconds (way longer than ever before)

and now she's up to about 30-45 seconds!

I'm sure I sound weird being so crazy excited, but I had pretty much resigned myself to saying "I think cause she's just so little, she'll be doing it a little late" when people asked me if she was sitting all the time.


** background: I was expressing my heartfelt worry that AP was not sitting up yet to Carrie and she asked me if I had been "working with her" any. I teased her mercilessly, because it sounded like she was talking about tying shoes or learning multiplication tables. I thought she'd just sit up. But of course the first thing I did when I got home that afternoon was "worked with her". And we had quiet a time--I do love finding new ways of interacting with her. And of course, it worked.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sure! I'm flattered! So glad we can encourage each other through our blogs-- what a wonderful thing.

Carrie said...

Haha! You're so funny. Well, it looks like all the practice is paying off... she looks so proud of herself sitting like a big girl! :o)