Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2009 Thankful List

Last year around this time I created a thankful list. Then I added to it. Then I forced Peyton to create one. Clearly, I love lists and really I think it would be crazy fun to start posting at least one list a week. Anyway, it was a really beneficial activity and I've been looking froward to making this year's for some time now. Without further ado, here is the official 2009 Thankful List:

1. A personal relationship with Christ and a Father who is so faithful, even when I am not. So many times I get busy or tired or whatever and I don't put the energy I should into cultivating this relationship, though I know that it is the most important one I will ever have.

2. My husband. I adore him. He is my best friend and confidant. He is an amazing father, friend, and pharmacist. It is such a priveledge and blessing to be his wife.

3. My baby. Motherhood is so fulfilling and so humbling. It has been the greatest adventure of my life. I love that I am getting to know Ann Peyton more and more each day and that, right now, I know her better than anyone else, save the Lord.

4. An amazing family. I am so blessed by all my parents do for me. The countless suppers, babysitting hours, and encouragement from them is immeasurable. I am blessed to have a sister who is my best friend and who adores Ann Peyton so much. I am blessed to have the relationship that I do with my in-laws; I know not everyone is as fortunate as I am in that regard.

5. The ability to stay home with our daughter. It is such a blessing that we are able to live on one income, having obviously not planned for this. And it is a blessing that Peyton is so supportive of me fulfilling one of the greatest desires of my life.

6. The little trials in life that bring me back to the Master's feet.

7. The friends that I have that are doing just what I am doing right now and are a constant source of encouragement to me. It is a treasure to have a handful of friends that are faithfully raising children that Ann Peyton will, hopefully one day count among her own friends.

8. The friends that I have that love me enough to continue to pursue our friendship even though our paths in life are vastly different right now. It means the world to me to have another handful of friends that are dedicated to maintaining our friendship and being involved in Annie's life.

9. That we have such a wonderful church and church family. I am especially thankful, that although in many ways I don't really like the direction the Methodist church is taking across our nation, our church is incredibly faithful to holding fast to biblical truth. I should thank God every day for our pastors who are not ashamed to proclaim Jesus as THE way and to preach the Gospel in it's entirety.

10. Each day. Each new day is so wonderful. For so many reasons.

11. Christmas. In a new way. As a momma.

12. Everything in a new way--as a momma.

Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home;
All is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin.
God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied;
Come to God’s own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home.

Even so, Lord, quickly come, bring Thy final harvest home;
Gather Thou Thy people in, free from sorrow, free from sin,
There, forever purified, in Thy garner to abide;
Come, with all Thine angels come, raise the glorious harvest home.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love you and I'm thankful for you!

Carrie said...

I am so thankful that God chose to allow our paths to cross through our silly little blogs. I have gained a dear friend because of that. Happy Thanksgiving!