Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Somber

Today was a weird day.

In addition to being my mom's birthday, it was also Veteran's Day. Thinking about all the men and women who have been injured or killed serving our country (or who are dealing with PTSD and other problems related to seeing war firsthand) really put me in a reflective mood today.

Then I saw that this will be being released soon, and of course, I can't wait to read it. Assuming I can still get my Lexapro script filled.

Then I realized that today would have been Maddie Spohr's second birthday. I've read some sad blogs in my day, and Heather's is seriously one of the most heartbreaking. I had to limit my exposure to it or I'd be a nutcase.

And then I thought of our pastor at church saying "Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world." There is so much war and death and pain here. I need to whisper this verse to myself EVERY day. Sometimes I think Satan's greatest strategy with me is to attack me with fear and anxiety.

Not today, friend. Sorry.

No comments: