Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekly Happenings Post #37 (November 23-29)


This week just flew by! I honestly didn't get much of what I had been planning done--story of my life. I had several little projects and lots of cleaning/organizing that I thought I'd get done since I wouldn't be working at all, but it didn't really happen. I did, however, have a great time just enjoying some lazy days and seeing my family a ton!

On Monday, I actually did do some housework and I got the baptism video uploaded (I really need to do the post about it). That was one of my projects and I'm glad I finally accomplished it--it wouldn't work on YouTube so I tried Vimeo and it worked! AP and I went and visited my parents and then I cooked Poppyseed Chicken for supper (I cook it ALL the time).

Tuesday was errand day. AP and I had lunch with Ashley and Evy and Carrie and Aubrey. Then Cookie and her BFF came over for a visit. They had been to the mall because they heard that we had gotten a Forever 21. Of course, it was too good to be true and they were painfully disapointed to find out that there was a "Rue 21" and a "Forever Young", which do not a Forever 21 make. Ha! Then when Peyton got off work we all ran errands together. We picked up a Christmas outfit I had monogramed for AP, went by Babies R Us to get some more teethers (she is putting EVERYTHING in her mouth), and made a run to Target and Hobby Lobby.

On Wednesday I stayed home most of the day. I did laundry, made Suddenly Salad and did some organizing. I finally straightened up Peyton's study, which is something I've been needing to do for over a month! I also threw away all my receipts that I've been saving forever; simplyfing like this is so hard for me but it feels so good and I don't want to be one of those "hoarders" like on Oprah. Peyton was working a double so we made another run to Target (just for batteries and typing paper) and then went to my parents' for dinner.

Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving. We went to Peyton's parents' house first and then to my parents' house. We had a feast at both places! Peyton had to work (ugh--but it's okay because he won't have to work Thanksgiving or Christmas for the next two years!). My dad was super funny at dinner and kept feeding Annie creamed corn under the table, like she was a puppy (she was in her carrier between me and him). After that, I stayed at my parents for awhile and then realized that Peyton had my car keys (this is the second time in two weeks this has happened--it happened after AP's baptism, too). Cookie took me to the pharmacy to get them and then AP and I went home.

On Friday we such a lazy day! Annie and I stayed home until late Friday afternoon. I took a bath for about an hour Friday morning; it was so nice. I LOVE reading and relaxing in a HOT bath!
This is what I sometimes do with Annie while I take a bath--I have to get creative now that she's such a good roller!

Friday afternoon we met my mom to look at some super cute stockings she had found--I still haven't found one for AP. After that, we went to my parents' for Red Beans and Rice.

I broke out AP's Christmas duds the day after Thanksgiving--I decided to wait until December to put the Christmas bow in her hair, though!

Saturday was so laid back, too. We went to Buffalo Peak to switch out some baby Uggs Cookie had gotten Annie and then (how'd you guess??) to see Mickey and Minnie. Mom sent tons of Thanksgiving leftovers home with me. Peyton gets off early on weekends so we had fun hanging out, just the three of us. I had fun taking some pictures of my two favorite people--I'm going to put more up later, but here's a couple for right now!
Ann Peyton and Daddy--she's getting so grown!

"Can I borrow this cap?"

This was Peyton's sleep sack when he was a baby--she has so much of my stuff; I love that she's wearing something that was his!

Today Peyton finally had a full day off! We went to church this morning and then all three of us went shopping for some presents for my friends' birthdays. We were going to go see Cookie one last time before she headed back to Oxford and then go to church, but we actually didn't end up making either! Tonight, I went to dinner with my college friends to celebrate Ashley, Sue, and Kourtney's birthdays. We ate at Julep and it was delicious. So much fun! Peyton and AP visited his parents.

the Friend Group

something funny??

No comments: