Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Nester's Christmas Tour

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

I love Christmas time and I love it when my house looks all Christmasy, so I'm so very excited that it's finally all DONE! All except for the outside of the house, but that is not. my. job. Peyton is going to have to take care of that or it's not going to get done. Peyton is the husband/Daddy around here and the outside is his domain. Anyway, here it is......

Well, I did do a little outdoor decorating. This tree is on our front porch.


Most of the decorations are in our den. We call it a "den" because it is more casual, but it also serves as our living room and we have our dinning room table and buffet in it!


The silver chest is right beside the front door. We don't really keep silver in it, though! Anyway, this big bowl of usually sits on our buffet when it's not Christmas.


My Christmas tree--I love it!


Here is the fireplace/mantle. I didn't do a whole lot with it this year. I haven't found stockings for us that I really like and I really want to do more with the whole mantle; it looks so bare!


I do love these big damask ornaments and the Santa sign, though!


I got this big Christopher Radco Santa Clause this year. He was a "market special" so he was actually cheaper than the little ornaments that go on the tree usually are!


Peyton loves this "woodsy Santa" and he loves his basket of fire wood!


This Fontanini nativity set is on top of the piano. My godmother started me a collection and added to it for years!


I love decorating the bookshelves. You could play I-SPY with this thing--how many Christmas trees can you count??


I think this Christmas card holder is so much fun! There are more in the little basket behind it. I love the funky stocking holder, too!


My friend, Ashley painted this for me. I'd totally refer you to her buissness, but she's closing up shop...something about "priorites". Lucky me snagged something before it was too laste! I'm searching for a pretty gold or silver frame for it, but I wish I had started looking sooner. I just can't seem to find one I love.


More trees on the other bookshelf!


My mom gave me these authentic vintage carolers. Aren't they cute??


My mom always put books under her coffee table like this. Here's my little stack of Christmas classics.


This is one of my favorite things in the whole room. I love this nativity!


a close-up of baby Jesus with his Momma and Daddy


I really like to have a lot of "pretty" things in our den, but in the kitchen I like things to be FUN. Our kitchen and the sun room that is attached to it are kind of the "funky" rooms in our house. So, it lends itself to bold, bright decorations.


The kitchen table. You can't really tell in the picture, but there is some lime green tulle under the "snow" on the table. I'm a big fan of tulle; you can asked Ann Peyton, I used it pretty liberally in her nursery.


the kitchen counter


I got this little tiered tray recently at Target. It is in a very unusual state here--empty. I may not cook dinner every night, but the days we go without brownies are pretty infrequent!


I had this snowman and snow woman in the den last year, but I thought they looked so cute on top of the fridge!


Another counter top


the stove


The little tree plugs in and lights up. I had it in my bedroom every year growing up!


Peyton's "bar"--I love our polka dot cocktail napkins. You don't host many cocktail parties when you live with an eight month old, though!


I always like to change the candy in my jar to go with the season--I still haven't gotten my red and green M&Ms yet. I don't know why, but for some reason, changing the candy is such a little thing that brings me so much pleasure! It feels like something a character in a book or movie would do; mark time by changing candies.


Here are a few more from around the kitchen.........


Finally......
a little Christmas cheer in the bathroom!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Look how festive you are, SD :)

Hootin' Anni said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Everything is so festive.

mY tOUR iS nOW sHARED....come by, if you can, to visit. Happy Holidays!

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK

Christy said...

I love your house :) The kitchen table is so cute, I may have to steal the tulle idea. We have a lot in our house as well!

Abbie said...

My favorite is Santa in the fire wood! How cute! And all your fun in the kitchen!

Krista said...

I'm having a "mantle" block as well! Super fun and festive! Little bits everywhere! Thanks for the tour, Merry Christmas!

Catherine Sledge said...

Ha I was about to comment on your post about the placemats too! Batte. I bet they are the same ones! I love your decorations! So festive. :)

Bobbie said...

Love that little outdoor tree! ANd the chalk on your kitchen jars! Too cute!

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Loved all of your decorations especially your nativity, thank you for sharing.
Sue

Jamie Ford said...

i just LOVE IT!!
I just email you...I need your address for Christmas Cards:)

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

What a beautiful job you have done, I especially enjoyed your Nativities, thank you for sharing.
Sue