Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday

I'm so glad a few friends decided to participate in my little bitty carnival--I don't even really like calling it that. I would have enjoyed it even if no one else decided to do it, but how much fun it is to find out about great new childrens' books! Also, I don't know if I said this last week, but even if you don't have kids, I'd still love to know what you'd like to read to your children one day or what you enjoyed as a child! This week's selection is:

Merry Christmas Curious George
by Cathy Hapka
illustrated in the style of H.A. Rey by Mary O'Keefe Young
http://www.maryokeefeyoung.com/Merry%20Christmas%20Curious%20George%20Cover%20Gold%20%20smsm.jpg

Peyton is a Curious George fanatic, so I got this for him (and Annie) last Christmas when I was pregnant. Sidenote: as a little boy I think Peyton was Curious George. It's been fun reading it to Ann Peyton. It's a sweet story about George escaping (per his usual antics) and he ends up at a hospital and helps the children there decorate their tree. The little monkey lifts everyone's spirits!

2 comments:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love Curious George. My favorite books to read to Evie are the Karen Katz books.

Tiffany said...

I love Curious George too! I will have to check this one out. Cutie-patootie! -I'm glad you're doing this. It's fun! I'm glad we're getting to know each other, and becoming friends. Oh, send me your e-mail so I can send you an invite to my private blog. My e-mail is (tiffanystaylor@hotmail.com)