Tuesday, December 22, 2009

You've Got Mail: 2009 Christmas Card and Letter



Happy Holidays from the Herringtons!

Dear Friends and Family,

This year has been the most wonderful, the most fulfilling, and certainly the most eventful year in our lives. It has flown by. We are beyond blessed and we are so thankful for the Lord’s provision in every area of our lives.

On April 2, 2009, almost exactly ten months from the day we got married, our lives were forever changed when we welcomed our first child, Ann Peyton. She is the best surprise that either of us has ever received. Although being a mother has always been my biggest dream and greatest ambition, I was still unprepared for the joy and the honor that it is to be able to call myself her mother. She is such a wonderful addition to our family and is the best baby. In fact we often call her our “play baby” and joke that the Lord must have known we needed a practice baby for our first child.

It is hard to believe that she will be nine months old at the beginning of January. We are enjoying watching her change from a cheerful infant to a bubbly baby and soon, I’m sure, an active toddler. She is rolling around and loves to sit by herself, so I know true mobility is not far off.

Ann Peyton has been able to enjoy so many adventures in her little life, so far (and we thank her for allowing us to enjoy them as well). She attended one of Peyton’s brothers wedding on the Gulf Coast when she was only two months old. When she was three months old, she (along with Peyton, me, both my parents and a lot of baby gear all piled in a sedan) made the twelve hour trip to Charleston, South Carolina to visit my sister. More recently, she had the privilege of visiting the Grove on five different occasions this football season. To say she is a good traveler is an understatement!

In August, Peyton changed jobs, moving from Rite Aid to Walgreens. His schedule is much better and I feel like he is able to spend more time with Ann Peyton and me and more time doing the things he loves. He is an amazing pharmacist and I am so proud of him for his attentiveness to his patients and his concern for always making ethical and moral choices in his field.

I am incredibly blessed by his support and encouragement in our choice for me to stay home and care for Ann Peyton. It is a true joy to be able to do so. In September, I began working two mornings a week at our church’s Mother’s Day Out program. I am able to bring Ann Peyton with me and it has proven to be the best of both worlds. It’s wonderful to be able to be home with her, but also to have an opportunity to practice some of what I learned as an education major and to give Ann Peyton the chance to socialize with other children.

I am so thankful for the relationships God has placed in our lives. Having both our parents in town is such a gift, for us and for Ann Peyton, as is living close to our siblings and grandparents. One unexpected blessing is that several of our couple friends have also begun to start their families. This is something that we never anticipated, but are immeasurably grateful for. I’ve also had the privilege of cultivating several new friendships with other mothers that have babies close to Ann Peyton’s age.

As we joyfully anticipate the new year, we are counting our many blessings and rejoicing in this beautiful season of Hope.

Love,
Peyton and Sarah Denley (and Ann Peyton) Herrington












3 comments:

fragmentsoftheday said...

Cute cute picture. :) Enjoyed reading your Christmas letter.

Rachel said...

omg your card is so precious! did you get it from tiny prints? i love it!

Christy said...

I love the card!!