Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Recap Blog Carnival

So, for the second time in two days I am stealing an idea from Christy. But, she got it from somebody else so I actually don't feel so bad. Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife (which is actually a blog I follow, but I hadn't discovered this yet) is hosting a carnival where you share the first line of the first post for each month in 2009. Pretty clever, right?

http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/New-Years-Carnival.jpg


January

So I saw this fun questionaire (sp?) on another blog (actually two other blogs) I read and decided to go for it:

This post was a questionnaire about favorite things. Yeah, it's really informative. I pretty much still stand behind the whole thing.


February
I feel like it has been so long since I've blogged.

This was my first (I think) "Weekly Happenings" type post, although I didn't call it that at the time, and it was not a weekly thing then. And yes, it had been a long time since I had blogged. About a week. That seemed like a long time between posts then; it seems like an eternity now!


March
It has really gotten to where I can't take her anywhere with me anymore!


This post was all about my mom putting her foot in her mouth by asking non-pregnant people when they were due and asking actually pregnant people about their husband (uh, no husband just a baby Daddy). Pretty much hysterical.


April
So, I totally copied Jamie on this one, but I thought it was such a cute idea.

This is basically the "25 Things About Me" Facebook meme, but I did it about Peyton. He's a fascinating fellow and it's all pretty much still right on target, so a good read if you're interested in getting to know more about him.


May
I can't wait for this:

This being Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live" Carnival. Pretty fun. Still doing it months later.....well, now it's "Show Us Your Life".


June
Okay, so ya'll know how this works by now.

Your classic "Not Me Monday" post where I confess to letting Annie have a lick of sweets, crying about my two month old "growing up", getting emotional over "Slow Dixie" and Colonel Rebel, and obsessing about the outfit she'd wear to her first Ole Miss game. Yeah, pretty much a typical day last summer.


July
....with my soul, that is.

Titled "It Is Well", this post was all over the place. It was the first post of three (I think) about Ann Peyton's weight "issues". That was a hard week.


August
Last week my friends and I went to Easely Amused.

I wrote about going to Easely Amused and painting something that was very emotionally significant to me.


September
Now, that summer is almost over and I'm putting up some of Annie's summer clothes, I thought I'd share a little confession.

Aaaand I admit that sometimes I put AP in swimsuits and pretended they were bubbles. One can hardly tell the difference.


October
Dear Ann Peyton,
I simply can't believe you've been with us for half a year.


I'm surprised this is the first letter to show up, since they occur on the second of each month. As usual, it turned out being emotionally charged and so freeing to write.


November
Wow, this week was eventful.

A great "Weekly Happenings" post in which I talk about PMS, being OCD, and breastfeeding....just your average "SD overshares on her blog" post.


December
Ashley gave me the Honest Scrap Award.

I tell you some "honest things" about myself. Because PMS, compulsions, and breastfeeding isn't honest enough. No, these things are really much deeper than your regular, gross TMI post. Or so I think.


Well, this was a fun exercise. It led me to see that most of my posts are either:
1) pensive and emotional
2) a survey, meme, or blog carnival
3) pertaining to a humorous event in my life

Good to know!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Mine are usually making fun of myself, venting, or completely oversharing. I should put all the controversies my blog has created over the years on my sidebar HA!

I loved children's lit-I took that in 04...can't remember the professors name but I loved her. She was elderly and tiny and so spunky.

Um...I am going to have to go back and look at my yearbook to remember everyone's names! That is awful! I think we did have some classes together because I saw your picture the first time I looked at your blog and thought I KNOW HER!!!