Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Itty Bitty Snuggle Bunny

And now for something soft and fluffy.....litchrally.

During my sebatical from pensive posts I decided to do a controversial post. Makes a lot of sense. Anyway, I decided we need a little fluff on the blog, sooo.....

Here are some pictures of Annie Banani in a sleep sac that was Peyton's when he was a baby. Peyton said she is looking more and more like a boy everyday, due to her heavy, charcoal colored unibrow.

You know what I say to that? Look in the mirror, fella. You have naught a soul but yourself to blame for that one. Jerk.

Anyway, all that to say, I usually try to dress her as girly as absolutely possible. But there's something charmingly irresistible about your Papa's nearly thirty year old sleep sac, isn't there? The vintage enthusiast in me couldn't help but share these pictures.

P.S. They are from before Christmas, so not super current. I enjoy them nonetheless.


Isn't she darling?

4 comments:

Christy said...

precious!!

Catherine Sledge said...

Hey! To answer your questions--I actually didn't talk about the book in a previous post, just the DVD project.
And as for your other question--I think the best thing to do would be to add more healthy fats, like peanut butter, avocados, tuna, salmon, cheese in moderation, and then also more whole grains. I know it is probably hard when you are taking care of a little person :) to think about yourself too--but you've got to, to be at your best for her! I'm not sure of your taste in food, but here are a couple of meal ideas: oatmeal with 2-3 tbs peanut butter stirred in...YUM! I eat this for breakfast and even dinner sometimes if Taylor's out of town or something. Also you could make some tuna salad, if you like that, to have around the house to snack on with some wheat crackers, or to make in a sandwich for lunch. Guacamole would be good to have around too. The main thing is just to keep eating healthy foods but either increase your portion sizes or the number of times you eat. Maybe 4 small meals would work better for you than 3 meals. One last idea--you could find a protein shake, or supplement shake (even Slimfast! They are pretty good, I've tried them)--and drink one in the mid-afternoon as a higher calorie snack. Same goes for protein bars or granola bars--pick a couple out at the grocery to try, and maybe eat one in the mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
I hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any more questions. I have oddly enough aquired a pretty large amount of nutritional knowledge over the years!

Carrie said...

Ok, the unibrow thing just cracks me up! But I don't think AP looks like a boy :)

Ashley said...

She is definitely a darling, and not boyish in the least :)