Thursday, February 18, 2010

Checking In

So, no long post tonight. I was going to do "Show Us Your Life" but then I realized that the things I don't really collect anything and the things I have that might count as a "collection" are pretty weird (coats? bathrobes? trouser socks? ). Yeah, it's probably a good thing I'm not participating. Anyway, I thought I'd just share a few random things.

- I hear that Girl Scout cookies are in. I have yet to see mine. I'm getting anxiety and I probably need to contact my Girl Scout.

- I ordered two books about couponing. I know there are endless online resources, but I'm the kind of person that usually learns better from a hard copy of something. When I wrote this post I was so frustrated with how much I wasted my time. Well, I believe that I am doing doing is the best thing for our family and I'm not planning on going back to work so the obvious answer is.....be more productive (in addition to finding new ways to interact with AP, of course). I asked Peyton what were some additional responsibilities around the house that he'd like to see me take on and (big suprise) he said figuring out ways to cut our costs at the grocery store.

- I am finally taking steps toward learning to sew. I have come to realize that Peyton and I both have a procrastination problem-our door was installed and Peyton primed it months ago, but we still haven't painted it. Peyton's mom's machine that she got fixed for me broke again and I was going to sign up for the March session, but I decided that I wanted to get past AP's birthday, hopefully getting the new flooring in, and some other stuff first. So, I'm going to make sure there is a slot in April and then mail my check.

- Speaking of, at the end of March, Peyton and I are doing a retreat thing. It's called Cursillo and everyone from our church that has gone just raves about it. I'm excited because we've been asked several times, but this is the first time it's really worked out (I was student teaching, pregnant/exhausted, had a really young baby, ect.). Anyway, we'll be leaving Ann Peyton for three nights (gasp!), but I think it will be fine. Of course, I'm still very nervous.

- Annie got sent home from "school" today because I was talking about how her eye was stuck shut when she woke up. One of the other children had pink eye last week, but I didn't even think of it because her eye wasn't red or anything. Anyway, we wanted to play it safe and fortunately Peyton is working evenings this week so he just came and got her. I think it's fine, but we are going to watch it tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't be stuck shut tomorrow because we have a lunch date with Ashley and Carrie (together this week!) and their girls. If it's bad, I'll probably just leave her in "Daddy Daycare" again or drop her at my mom's. As evidenced from the snowcapade lunch with Carrie last week, these things are non-negotiable.

- Ann Peyton missed her nap this morning so she took a THREE hour afternoon nap. I took a two hour afternoon nap. This brings up a couple of things. First, I think the reason AP naps so much is because she wakes up and plays at night. Peyton went in and peaked at her the other night and she sat straight up and stared at him. You could tell she had not been asleep, but she hadn't been making any noise! Second, the weeks when Peyton works late and we don't even eat supper until 10:30 are super tiring!

- Last thing: Christy was sweet enough to feature my blog today on her blog, Mommy Brain. She features a different one of her friends' blogs each week and this week I was in the spotlight. This is the link if you are interested. Thanks, Christy!

3 comments:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love these kinda posts. Do you go to an Episcopal church? Just wondering because we do Cursillo at our church too.

Christy said...

You are welcome :)

Have you heard of thegrocerygame.com? I have started doing this and last week bought a month's worth of meals (cooking every night for six nights) for 200. This also includes tons of cereal, baby food, meats, ect... I am still getting the hang of it and it was time consuming, but it is getting easier and faster :)

robbie said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://cellularaccessoriess.com