Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekly Happenings Post #48 (February 8-14)

This week was nowhere near as busy as last week. It was so nice and I think my sinus infection (that I feel like has lasted about a month) is finally getting better!

Monday morning I woke up feeling absolutely awful. I didn't even think that I could drive myself to the doctor. I made myself get up and I ate something and took a shower and I felt well enough to drive, so Peyton kept AP at home and I went to my doctor's appointment. He told me I had a sinus infection (big surprise) and gave me a Decadron shot and prescribed a Z-Pack. Peyton had the day off so he and AP ran some errands while I rested and we all just took it easy the rest of the day.

Thankfully, I felt some better on Tuesday. Peyton had worked a double last Friday so he had Tuesday off, too. The other baby that is usually in the baby room with AP was sick and her mom works at Mother's Morning Out, too, so they both stayed home. I left AP with Peyton since I knew we'd be short-staffed and I'd be having to keep AP in the two year old room with me the whole time. He was so sweet and really didn't mind. I had woken up feeling a lot better but by lunch time I was feeling rough again. I had a dentist appointment Tuesday afternoon to check out my jaw because it's been popping alot. Peyton and AP went, too, since it was such a short appointment and then we ran errands. We went by Jimmie Lyles and Lumbar Liquidators to look at some more flooring for our house. I pretty much crashed after that.

I took it easy on Wednesday. I did laundry and straightened around the house most of the morning and then my mom came over around lunch. I thought I'd go to Bible Study Wednesday night since Peyton was there to keep AP, but I just didn't feel up to it. Plus, my book is lost so I'm not up to date on the reading. It's kind of hard to just go every other week and I hate having to find someone to keep Ann Peyton (even though I know neither of our moms would mind- I just feel like I ask them to take care of her too much). Anyway, it's all about parenting so I was so excited; I just feel really behind and out of the loop and like the thing is half over now.

Thursday we had Mother's Morning Out. Peyton ussually wakes up early with me and helps me get AP ready on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but he went to bed really late Wednesday and had been doing so much to help me while I was feeling bad that I set my alarm for earlier and just got her ready by myself. We had a good time at MMO. Ella Kate, the other "little" baby (she's actually bigger than AP, even though she's about six months old) was still sick, so we stayed in the one year old room. One little boy fell asleep beside me in the chair with AP on my lap. She played in my lap for almost twenty minutes- I could not believe it! She did miss her nap, though, and she got a little grumpy. She fell asleep in the car on the way home and I brought her inside and let her sleep for about thirty minutes. Then we met Ashley and Evy for lunch. We couldn't find a day that worked for Ash and Carrie, so I just went with both of them on separate days! Carrie couldn't go on Thursday because of napping and cooking issues and we missed her. It is funny because I consider Ashley one of my best friends, but this was our first "solo" lunch date- we've just always gotten together with Carrie. Anyway, it was fun! Peyton was working late so we ended up going over to my parents' house for dinner.

Friday was the day it snowed so much. Like I said in the previous post, Carrie and I are super hardcore and did not let the snow deter us! The people at Mellow Mushroom looked at us kind of funny, lugging our babies in out of the snow into this totally deserted restaurant. It was really funny!
I dressed Ann Peyton up in a sweater and hat my mom knitted for me when I was a baby!

After we got home and AP had a nap; I took her outside and let her touch the snow, but she wasn't very interested. I got a lot done around the house (just laundry, straightening, ordering some way overdue wedding presents, and a few other things) and then when Peyton got home we went to Hobby Lobby to look for bunny stuff for Ann Peyton's birthday (in over a month, but I heard they had gotten their Easter stuff in). We went to my parents' house for Beans and Rice and then made a Walmart run.

We took some goofy birthday pictures for Peyton's momma.

On Saturday we drove down to Hebron for another birthday. It was Granny's 80th birthday celebration!! It was so much fun and we had a wonderful time.
I think Simeon wants to "help" Granny with that cake!

Granny got some super cute new tools for her yard!

I got SO carsick on the way home. I've gotten a little carsick before, but nothing like this. It was terrible! I went to bed right when we got home and slept for almost fourteen hours!

This morning (Sunday) I felt like a different person! We went to church and then we ate lunch at a new place in Brandon called Remember When. I ran some errands (Target, Babies R Us, and Party City) and then we went to evening church. Then we ran by the grocery store. It was a fun Valentine's Day!

I think next week is going to be another laid back week and I am so glad!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Sarah Denley, thank you so much for your sweet comment of encouragement! I always need to be reminded that God knows best, because He does. After all, as you said, He seemed to give you one incredible gift!

Your baby girl is so precious and no doubt a joy to have! I love reading your posts and seeing the pictures--she is so expressive! It is so encouraging to see you and Peyton striving to raise your family for the Lord--in the world today I know what a challenge that can be, so I'll be praying for you along the way.

I hope the sinus infection goes away and stays away!