Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday



This week's selection is was one of my favorite books as a little girl:

Tubtime for Thaddeus
by Joan Walsh Anglund


I have always loved Joan Walsh Anglund's books and the adorable way she draws little boys and girls. I even have some drawings by her that were in a calendar my mom saved from when she was in college(!) framed and hung in Ann Peyton's nursery. We had several of her books growing up and I treasure them. The book is now out of print and I actually had to scan the picture in myself (I had some trouble with the printer, which is why my post is SO late today).

This one is really fun because it is a waterproof "tub" book. As I mentioned last week, Annie is enjoying interacting and "playing" more and more and she has started to love playing in the tub. This book has been so fun.

In it, it shows Thaddeus doing lots of water related activites- floating and sailing in the sea, fishing in a river, swimming and having a teaparty on the ocean's floor and finally in his very own bathtub!

I love the book mainly because of the illustrations and because it's a little nostalgic. Annie seems to like the bright primary colors and having a book that can get wet!




1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is precious! I love the drawings too! Sometimes the illustrations really just make the book, don't they? I think that's why I'm so attached to some of my old favorites. (Like the ones (I featured this week, and last week.)-I wish these were still in print. I'd love to look for them. ~Blessings!