Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekly Happenings Post #55 (March 29-April 4)-- The Wonderous Cross

Easter morning. I have loved reading about everyone's new Easter duds on my favorite blogs, but I just couldn't find anything special for me OR Annie. Probably good, I buy too much as it is. So, Peyton was excited to wear his seersucker pants (which he says feel like pajamas and which I think are super sexy), I wore a dress I've had since HIGH SCHOOL, and AP wore a dress I've had for even longer (since I was her age!). She also wore one of my old bonnets. I told Peyton I didn't think she would wear one, because all the ones we have are either way too big or too little. Well, I ended up putting her in this one that's a little on the small side, but I heard him talking to her and telling her that it was only proper that she have an Easter bonnet and every little girl needed one and things like that....so funny and sweet!

This week was a good, busy week. I'm not sure why it felt so busy, because looking back, I really didn't do a whole lot and I don't think I accomplished much until the end of the week. That's okay, though, things have been so crazy lately with the floors, trips, ect. and I know next week will be hectic getting ready for Ann Peyton's birthday party, so I'm glad this week was sort of a break!

On Monday, I went to lunch with Ashley. We ate at Bon Ami, which is one of my ALL TIME favorite restaurants in Jackson. I got a quiche and a cup of tomato basil soup and of course, the famous Berry Tea (it's literally the ONLY place that I don't get a Coca Cola). It was really relaxing, because both our husbands were off and were able to keep the babies. I guess we both got to enjoy the benefits of having husbands who work in the medical field and have weird hours :). Monday afternoon I meant to stay home and do some things around the house, but it was so pretty and Peyton told me when I got home that he took Annie with him to get the mail and she freaked out going to the mailbox because she loved being outside so much....so, I took her over to my parents' house and my mom and I took her for a stroll. She loved it and we walked a pretty good bit! Until AP got mobile, I was such a homebody, but now I just have to get out of the house....usually almost everyday. I really thought I'd never see the day, because Peyton is the one who is all "gogogo", but now I really don't like sitting at home all day. I need to do better about choosing at least one day to stay at home so I can accomplish a few things!

Tuesday we had Mother's Morning Out. I realized part of the reason the week seemed busy is because "school" was so busy this week. On Tuesday we had school pictures. I put Ann Peyton in her birthday outfit, so that way we'd get one more wear out of it and I though it'd be fun to have a picture in it. [BTW, I consider myself pretty on top of the "rules", especially when it comes to baby attire, but what is the standard duration of a birthday outfit (i.e. her's has a cupcake with a candle in it)? I mean, do y'all's kids literally wear them once, wear them their "birthday month", or do you not do them at all?] Anyway, the picture taking required us to heard a bunch of toddlers and "pretoddlers" (we really don't have any true "infants" now, but a couple are nonwalkers) half way through the church building to where the photographer was set up to take pictures for the preschoolers and then had to entertain them while the others were getting their pictures made. Um, wow! It was interesting...especially the part involving the set of stairs on the way there and back. Oh, and we had a sub that day! Luckily, it was my precious friend Morgan.

When I got home, I was exhausted! I did actually accomplish some things, though. I unpacked our stuff from, set back up AP's Pack N Play that had gone to the grandparents' house last weekend and cleaned the kitchen during Ann Peyton's nap. When she woke up, we went to the grocery store and I cooked Poppyseed Chicken for supper.

On Wednesday, I subbed for half a day at Prep, while Peyton kept AP. I'd say that was another reason I was tired, but truthfully, especially subbing for this particular teacher is like a walk in the park compared to MMO/being home full time. He only has three classes and the students are really well behaved AND I get a super long break (like over an hour). Just like last time, I ended up getting to read a bunch. Of course, it's not like I'm rolling in the big bucks doing it! When I got home, Peyton had AP outside again and we stayed out there a bit until it was time for him to go to work.

Wednesday night, I had my second sewing class and Peyton's mom kept AP. The first one was just an introduction and this time we just cut out our patterns. I love that we're going nice and slow.

Thursday was another big day at MMO. We had an Easter Egg Hunt for the children. But first, Ms. Darlene had some happies for Annie.
She got her this adorable "baby tea set" and this precious alphabet book- Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words. Could you get any cuter??


She also got her these funky disposable bibs as an Easter happy. So sweet; I told Peyton just tonight how blessed we are to have so many people that love our girl!


The children loved the egg hunt, but, again, getting there was the main difficulty....ahh, stairs! Sitting in the sun made Annie (and me!) tired. She has stopped taking her morning nap on the days we have MMO. Thankfully, it doesn't effect her taking it the other days, but she gets really tired towards the end. So, on Tuesdays and Thursdays she takes LONG afternoon naps (as in, after three and a half hours, I go in and wake her up). Well, on Thursday, I took one, too, although it wasn't as long as hers! After our naps, my sister, who was home for the weekend, came over. We had a nice visit and then Annie and I just played in her room.

I'm glad I took that nap because Peyton was working a double on Thursday, so he was gone all day. I made fish for supper and we ate it at 10:30 (like we always do on his "late" weeks).

Friday was Ann Peyton's birthday...and Good Friday (it was kind of weird trying to celebrate/observe them on the same day). A blog friend reminded me that although Good Friday is a serious day...it is also a day of rejoicing in God's grace! I joke and say that Annie's Daddy celebrated her b-day by working ANOTHER double, but really he was so sweet and checked with me first and I said sure, since her party isn't until next week. She had a wonderful day, anyway! We had lunch with Carrie (minus Aubrey, who was at home with her Daddy) at Broadstreet. It's been fun branching out. Guess what I got, though....salad sampler (the same thing I often get at our usual eatery, Beagle Bagel- of course they are slightly different!). We had so much fun and I made Carrie take Annie's "Birthday Minute" picture, which was a total copying of the one I'd seen of her and Aubrey.

When we got home, I spent awhile organizing Annie's new summer clothes and getting the winter ones out of her closet and then we went over to my parents' house for Beans and Rice and to see Cookie again!

Saturday, I was super productive (for me). Peyton had an out of town wedding to go to, so I got up and made muffins for breakfast. I folded a bunch of laundry that I had let build up all week after I bragged on myself about what a good laundreyer I am (there's still some left) and then I mopped the kitchen and did some more organizing in AP's room.
The mopping wouldn't have been such a big deal, but I had to put on the new mop head. It was a universal one and had screws and stuff....I finally did it, but it wasn't exactly right. Anyway, it was frustrating because it would have taken Peyton about five seconds. I'm proud of myself for doing it, though! Saturday night Annie and I met Peyton at my parents' house and we all went out to eat with them and Cookie and her boyfriend at The Yacht Club. I had some amazing crab claws and spinach and artichoke dip. I didn't bring enough food for Ann Peyton, though....she loved the slices of American cheese we ordered her, but mostly the little outside pieces of steak that Peyton would slip her. When we got home, I stayed up late working on birthday stuff and cleaning bathrooms, haha!

Peyton had to work today (Sunday), so he went to the early service. AP and I went to the late service and then went back over to my parents' to do Easter baskets and stuff. Peyton has agreed to the Easter Bunny, as well as Santa Claus, but he made us promise to keep it low key. I think we did a good job!

Everyone's Easter baskets (Conrad, Cookie, Peyton, SD, AP)- notice Conrad's twelve pack, hope he knows to go slow, we do NOT celebrate the risen Lord with drunkeness. Actually, I think my Dad helped him!


Mine and Peyton's baskets- mostly candy and I got a beautiuful book called "Mother's Treasurey".

http://images.andrewsmcmeel.com/media/2994/medium.jpg



Annie's basket. From us, she got a telephone/piano toy, a little bunny outfit, and she will be getting the cross that we meant to get her for Christmas (bad Momma!). From Mickey and Minnie, she got that bunny (that belonged to me when I was little), two decorative birthday cupcakes, and three really sweet little books that I'll be sharing on Wednesday.


We ate a really late breakfast (I ate THREE eggs, a bunch of bacon and an English muffin) and had a really nice time just sitting outside in the sun. Then, my Dad got Annie's swing hooked up, so we got to try her in it. To say she loved it would be an understatement!


We came home around three and AP took a really long nap. When she woke up, we met Peyton and our friend, William (who lifeguarded with us, back in the day) at Mellow Mushroom for supper. We came home and played a little and then put her to bed. There's a few more things I need to do tonight, like clean my ENTIRE house (ha!), but I think I'm just going to go to bed early!

I'm looking forward to next week, but it seems like I still have a TON to do for the birthday party. Also, I've kind of put my life on hold lately. I haven't really been doing well with my 101 goals. Also, I've been using lots of disposable diapers so I don't have to wash, and I haven't made any baby food, lately....bad crunchy Momma, haha!

No comments: