Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekly Happenings Post #63 (May 24-30)-- Poolside with the Babykins


This week was such a fun, relaxing week. I'm really enjoying not having to get up early for Mother's Morning Out, and we didn't have any "big" events this week. I have, however, already managed to get into a crazy schedule of staying up WAY too late and then needing a nap mid afternoon, very reminiscent of my college days.

Monday was a big errands day. Peyton had the day off, so we loaded up Annie and went to the bank, the farmers' market, and to Walgreens to get some medicine for my mom. We made a short stop at my parents' house to drop it off and then went by Bridget's to look for a little blanket that Hank had on Sunday. I had more I could have done, but we needed so I could get ready for my night out with Carrie and Ashley. We had a great time- we went to Bonefish for dinner and then to Barnes and Noble for dessert and more conversation. We even stayed for quite some time, visiting, at Ashley's house. Our goodbyes weren't too terribly sad, because she'll be back soon for Kurt's graduation!


On Tuesday, I was kind of mopy for a variety of reasons- thinking about Ashley's move, a weird voicemail for Ellis, and just a general weirdness, I think. I did manage to get a lot done on Tuesday morning, though. I straightened the house and swept and mopped the kitchen, sunroom, laundry room, and bathrooms. I also worked really hard on cleaning our kitty door, which had gotten disgusting. I had to soak it in a bucket of diluted bleach and then scraped the "goo" off with a knife. It's not perfect, but it's a vast improvement. Ann Peyton and I met Haley and Hank for lunch at Mellow Mushroom. For some reason, both babies were a bit of a handful. Hank wanted to be held the whole time and AP kept trying to stand up in her highchair. At one point, I was trying to situate her, and I literally fell of the raised step the tables are on. We left in a bit of a hurry and, as I was backing out, our waitress ran out. We had BOTH forgotten to sign and left our cards. I met Haley to give her her card back, and told her how embarrassed I was....she decided that our waitress probably thought we had been drinking! When we got home, I did laundry, swept and dry mopped the den, and worked on changing over my closet.

That night when Peyton got home, he was still working on the water heater. It has a little leak, but we can't find it and it kept getting our floor in the laundry room wet. Well, Peyton ended up just peeling up the laminate tiles. I heard him say "gross" and I went in to look. Can you guess? In one area of the tiles, there were maggots. I think I threw up in my mouth a little. I don't watch shows like Fear Factor and Survivor, because I don't like to even think about those things; I was horrified. I'm surprised I even slept that night. The good news is that we will be getting the laundry room AND kitchen refloored sooner than I thought we would!

On Wednesday, I remembered that I was in charge of the pew pads and pencils for the week, so I went up to the church and did them before Peyton had to go into work. I made a small stop by the grocery store to get some formula and a few other things on the way home. When I got home, Cookie came over for a visit. I fed AP lunch and put her to bed. I straightened, folded laundry, and chopped up some steamed carrots to freeze for Ann Peyton. When she got up, we played a little bit and read books. We had frozen pizza for supper that I had gotten at the grocery store (I wanted to try it because they were $10 for ten of them). I worked on going through our receipts from the past month.

Thursday was a busy day! Peyton, Annie and I all went to the grocery store for our big trip Thursday morning. We had been trying to hold off for a couple of weeks and had been eating stuff from the freezer and just making little tiny trips, (because we needed to make up for going over budget the last couple of months) so I was nervous this one was going to break the bank, but we ended up doing really well. When we got home, AP took her nap and I put up groceries and did a little organizing in our "pantry".

When Annie got up from her nap, we went over to my parents' house. Their neighbors have a pool and we wanted to see how AP liked swimming. I thought she'd hate it because she's gotten to where she doesn't really like baths. But she LOVED it. We swam for about an hour.
Peyton had to go to work and AP was so tired, so I took her home for a nap. I took a nap, too! After she woke up, we went outside and weeded some flower beds for about thirty minutes- I know when she starts eating the dirt it's time to go inside! I read some blogs and started reading Mere Christianity for the new C.S. Lewis book club that I'm in. We had yummy fish for supper.

Friday was relaxing! We decided to go again. Annie loves it so much!

When we got home I was so tired, again. I think the sun just zaps my energy! I decided not to take another nap, though, and just watched TV and read blogs during AP's nap. When she woke up, we went back to my parents for Red Beans and Rice.

Saturday morning, we just took it easy. I did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen and then I took Ann Peyton to my parents' house, because I had a wedding shower for one of Peyton's best friends (we both know him from working at the pool, and LOVE him) and his fiance. After I picked up Ann Peyton, we came home, but she wouldn't take a nap. We just played and then went back to my parents' house! We were going to try to meet Peyton to swim again, but it was storming, so we just got take out from Newks and had dinner with my parents.

Today, (Sunday), AP and I made it to early church with Peyton, since he has to work this week. I'm really glad we did, because I saw my name in the bulletin for children's church for the late service. Luckily, I was the "assistant", not the teacher, so I didn't have to have anything planned! I went on to Sunday School and I was worried AP would not be happy staying for late service, since she's used to having her morning nap. When I checked on her after SS, though, one of the workers had rocked her to sleep. When we got home, we had lunch and I did laundry and worked on my closet some more. For some reason, AP fought her afternoon nap SO hard, even though she had only slept maybe forty five minutes at church. I can't complain, though, because she talked to herself for almost two hours in her crib! We went to our friends, Jeff and Melissa's, house for dinner. Cooking out with friends is so much fun!


This week was so nice, but I feel like since I'm not working at all this summer, I should at least try to be more productive around here. I'm going to attempt to do some of FlyLady's missions on most days and I'm also going to try to schedule certain activities for each day.
For example:
Monday- finances day (receipts, checkbooks, coupons, (if Carrie and I start that); I'll also write notes on this day, if I have any that need written)
Tuesday- organizing day (I need to reorganize every drawer in this house!)
Wednesday- craft day (practicing sewing, working on the baby book that is not even HALF finished, ect.)
Thursday- yard wok day
Friday- catch up, rest day
I'll probably end up copping out, but I'd really like to see myself be more productive, so hopefully this will help!

Next week is really open, and I hope it's a lot like this week; I love fun, laid back weeks in the summer! One thing that is for sure- I am GOING to finish my closet changeover. It's taken me about a month, just like last time. The time before that, when I was pregnant, I did it in a few days, but it stressed me out so bad; I want to try to do something in the between those two extremes next time.

1 comment:

Mallory Pickering said...

Hey Sarah Denley--love reading your blog! Your dress in the second picture is so cute. See you tomorrow night! :)