Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday




Annie is a weird baby when it comes to her sleep habits. She's weird in a totally good way, though. Sometimes, she'll be fussy and I can tell that she is tired, but not really "sleepy". I used to think those two words were synonymous, but now I think your body can be tired when you're really not sleepy- in fact, I experience it quite often. Anyway, she'll start fussing and I know she needs to rest. However, if I lay her flat in her crib, she gets mad and cries and protests. But, if I put her in her crib sitting up with her lovey and her paci and a toy, she plays happily for a few minutes until she falls asleep. Sometimes, it takes her half an hour to relax. And sometimes, she doesn't even fall asleep, but I can tell she's rested after she gets up. It's like she craves that time alone in her bed. Weird.

So, I know you are thinking, what in the world does this have to do with "Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday"? Don't worry, I'm getting there! Recently, we have been putting a book or two in the crib with her instead of other toys. She looks flipping the pages and looking at the pictures in her board books and I think it's more relaxing for her than some of her other toys. And, of course, it's a good way to send the subliminal message of "YOU WILL LOVE TO READ!". Ha!

This is the book AP has been perusing during her quiet time lately.....

Fairy Colors
by Caroline Repchuk
http://store.scholastic.com/content/stores/media/products/45/9780439887045_xlg.jpg

I just think this book is adorable. My mom got it for Ann Peyton for Christmas and she LOVES it. It's a really short little story about a bunch of fairies getting ready for a "fairy ball". It's got a cute rhyme and it would be a really fun book for teaching colors.

The illustrations are so fun! On each page, part of the fairies costume is made out bright, shimmery, reflective material. Annie loves all the sparkles! Another neat thing is that the fairies all have different hair and skin colors- we want AP to experience multiculturalism with her books, dolls, and toys, as well as with her friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been having some trouble with the MckLinky lately. I'm going to try to figure it out by next week. If it doesn't work and you'd like to participate, just leave me a comment!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Very cute book. I think Anna Grace would still like this. She loves fairies and flowers. My pick for the week is up. Sorry it's a little late. :)