Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy Day

I am SO blessed to have so many wonderful father figures in my life. Currently, there are four very important fathers that I am connected to.....

Daddy
My own dad is such an amazing father and I love him so much. One day soon, I am planning on sharing something very special that I wrote about him many years ago. He really is a wonderful guy and during my early teenage years when my life was full of ups and downs and I had a particularly tumultuous relationship with my mom, he was a constant source of strength and encouragement. He is so adorable with Ann Peyton and it melts my heart to see how much he loves his "baby bird".


Mr. Randy
Peyton's dad is a wonderful example of a father, as well. I am so blessed to have a father in law that treats me like his own daughter. He is one of the most loving people you could ever meet and he serves others well. I know that Peyton learned how to serve others so graciously from his dad; they are just alike in that way. He is always happy to do whatever needs to be done. And he's not scared to babysit by himself (unlike my dad, who didn't even really keep me and Cookie by himself very often, haha!).

PopPop
We visited Peyton's grandparents today and had such a nice time. PopPop says the funniest things and, like Peyton and his dad, has such a kind spirit. Granny told us one time about when they had young children and PopPop would get up early and work on the farm and then go work in the factory until almost midnight. She said when he got home, if "Randall" (Peyton's dad) was fussing, he would just sit and rock him to sleep. Another reason that PopPop is so special to me and Peyton is that he is a man of GREAT integrity. Of all the people I have known, PopPop is one of the ones with the strongest character, I think. I don't have a grandfather on earth anymore, but I consider PopPop to be as much my grandfather as either of my biological grandfathers.

Peyton
I really can't even put into words what an excellent "papa" Peyton is. I remember when we started dating and I would see him playing with kids at the pool and it occurred to me what a great dad he would be one day. It is one of the reasons I fell in love with him. And he has surpassed my expectations. He takes such good care of Annie and me and he is a wonderful leader for our little family!

I am so thankful for each of them!

To show my heartfelt love and appreciation for them, I got my dad an ice cream pie from Bops
and I got Peyton this book, about (what else?) how to save money/save the planet:
http://www.growingagreenfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/The-Eco-nomical-Baby-Guide.jpg

Thanks to each of the wonderful dads in my life!

2 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

What cute pictures! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Father's Day!

Elizabeth said...

Your post almost made me cry. So sweet, thanks for the wonderful tributes to the Herrington Daddys.