Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday


This week's feature is....

Sizes
(DK Publishing)
http://lookingglassreview.com/books/images/Flaptastic_Sizes.jpg


I got this book last week for Ann Peyton because I found it at Marshall's for super cheap. It's nothing super special and this week I'm not going to wax poetic over anything in the book, because, if you can't tell from the cover, it's basically just teaching size relationships.

I have become interested, lately, in starting a collection of "concept books" for her. I LOVE reading stories (as you probably know), but I think there is something to be said for using books like this to really "teach" children at a young age. We haven't made any firm decisions on weather we will do homeschooling for Ann Peyton's formal schooling (clearly, we have some time on that), but I do know that during the next few years I want her to learn as much in our home as she would in any preschool class (weather she goes to preschool or not).

Anyway, this is a cute book that has great pictures of large elephants and itty bitty baby chicks and words like "big", "small", "tiny" and "enormous". It's really fun and colorful! I like it and she seems to as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to try entering my own link this week, since someone said it didn't work last week. If it doesn't work this week, I'll try something new next Wednesday.

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

My feature is up for the week! :)