Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday


Today's feature is.....

Curious George Goodnight Book
by Karen Pandell
http://images.swaptree.com/images/Books/13/0618777113.jpg

For some reason, AP has a TON of goodnight books. Some were given to us and some of them I bought. I bought this one because Peyton loves Curious George. He ended up not being crazy about this book, though. He likes it okay, but I think he mainly likes George when there's an actual story detailing his antics and telling about the Man with the Yellow Hat trying to keep up with him. Also, the illustrations are not the classic ones by H.A. Rey; they are done in the style of the PBS cartoon.

Anyway, it's fine because Ann Peyton likes the book and so do I. It basically just goes through George's night time routine and tells how he gets ready for bed. Each page has a little "tab" with a picture that corresponds to that activity (taking a bath, reading a book, singing a song, ect.). It's really cute and I think it will be even more useful when she gets older and we try to establish these routines more firmly (we do have a bedtime routine that I've been meaning to share, but I'll save that for another post).

By the way, this is a total sidenote, but I am having SUCH a hard time remembering to brush AP's teeth now that she FINALLY has some. Peyton likes to just randomly do it during the day as a way to entertain her, but I guess if I want it done consistently I need to set a firm time (like before bed) to do it.

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links...

No comments: