Friday, July 30, 2010

Flashback Friday- The Kind Chauffeur {circa 2003-2004}

So, by now y'all know how I love to tie in my Flashback Friday posts with current things going on in our lives right now. Well, I thought I'd do a little flashback of some pictures and memories of our good friend Robby (that's what I call him mostly, because I think it's super cute and that's what we "grew up" calling him), whose wedding was this past weekend.

Okay, so Peyton has know Robby (or is it Robbie?? Never thought about that until now) basically for forever. They both grew up swimming at Briarwood and Peyton was the same as as Robby's older brother, Lee. I got to know them both when I started working at the pool when I was fifteen (Rob was fifteen, too, I think and Peyton was eighteen). I didn't really get to be good friends with either of them until the summer that I became a full time lifeguard (when I was eighteen). That was the summer that I broke up with my highschool boyfriend and it was miserable. I would cry uncontrollably. Sometimes, I would hold it together for forty five minutes on the lifeguard stand and then just rush into the concession stand and burst into tears. AWFUL. Anyway, that was the summer Peyton and I started hanging out.
(first time to hang out with either of them outside the pool!)

Since Peyton and Rob were best buds, I did a lot of hanging out with him, too. He was such a fun, easy to know guy and I had lots of great times with him and Peyton.

Annnnd here's where it gets interesting. Peyton and I had a sort of, um, weird best friend relationship. We weren't like "friends with benefits" (ugh, yuck!), but we were awfully cuddly friends. We did a lot, a lot of hugging, and hand holding and just general trying to be close to one another. [As a side note, I will not encourage this kind of flirty fowardness in Ann Peyton, but I don't really have that many regrets about it.] Anyway, Rob was present for a lot of this and really took it in stride. As in, he drove us around town in his Monte Carlo while we both sat smushed together in the back seat. Ha! I guess he just though "Okay, they like each other, but they don't realize it or they're in denial. We'll see how this plays out". Well, y'all already know how it plays out.....

like this...


and then this...

and now this...

Peyton and I don't have just a ton of friends that we still keep up with that have been with us through the begining of this journey, but I am so thankful for the ones we do have. Espessially this one...

We love you Robby, and we couldn't be happier for you and Missy!

No comments: