Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Won't You Read to Me? Wednesday



This week's book is another Marshalls find; it is such a sweet expression of love.....

How Do I Love You?
by Marion Dane Bauer
illustrated by Caroline Jayne Church
http://i43.tower.com/images/mm112285314/how-do-i-love-you-marion-dane-bauer-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

This book is neat because it is a very simple children's book, but it was inspired by a famous poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

It begins with the line "How do I love you? Let me count the ways. I love you as the sun loves the bright blue days." The momma continues on, telling her baby she loves him as much as a bee loves a flower, as much as a bird loves a song to sing, as much as the sea loves the sandy shore, and on and on. The book ends with a line I love, one that I have to admit sometimes brings tears to my eyes- "I love you as the moon loves each shining star. I love all that you will be and everything you are."

The illustrations are cute and kind of quirky and whimsical. It is such an adorable, sweet little book!



No comments: