Monday, August 2, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal- My Favorite Movie


Emily is continuing her 30 Day Blog Journal over on her blog (she has a topic for each day in the month of August). Today's topic is....

Day #2- My Favorite Movie

I guess I'm going to end up cheating on every last one of these because I had a hard time, but I was able to narrow it down to two. I'm not a huge movie person, but when I find one I love, I LOVE it. Here are my two favorite movies:

When Harry Met Sally
Oh, how I love this movie. I could watch it over and over and I pretty much do. It's hilarious and in my opinion is the best RomCom ever made. It's just such a perfect picture of life and love. It's not corny and it's full of situations and conversations that feel so real, like they could happen in my life. I totally saw a TV show steal the premise of the "I love that you..." convo in the first video below and it was such cheese- you can't outdo the original! I will say that in some parts it is a little crude and there are definitely sexual scenes and convos. Overall, though, such a great movie!




Steel Magnolias

This movie is also beyond hilarious. I like this one because it evokes so many emotions- you're crying from sadness one minute and crying from laughing too hard the next. I love it because it is such a cute, funny picture of girls in the South. I have to be in the right mood to watch it, though, because some parts just rip my heart out.
[Language Warning! I'm really unsure how this got a PG rating in 1989, because I could not find one funny clip that didn't have bad language or some sort of sexual innuendo. Nonetheless, it's a personal favorite!]

2 comments:

The Sweet Life said...

I love Steal Magnolias.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, it is great