Thursday, August 5, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal- My Favorite Quote


Day #5- My Favorite Quote

Um, this one is SUPER hard to narrow down. Here are a few of my favorites (at least half of which are CSL quotes; obsessed much?)....

"Our Father refreshes us on the journey with pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home."-C.S. Lewis

"Because we love something else more than this world, we love even this world more than those who know no other."-C.S. Lewis

"If I have a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the explanation is-I was made for another world."-C.S. Lewis

"It cost God nothing, so far as we know, to create nice things: but to convert rebellious wills cost Him crucifixion."- C.S. Lewis

"Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all."
- the fourth stanza of the hymn Be Thou My Vision
by Eleanor H. Hull

""Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" (Piglet)
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this...."-The House at Pooh Corner (I am just like Piglet, a worier).


Okay and this last one is a little controversial, but I think it's a super funny spin on old Hill's famous quote; let's try not to take it too seriously:
"I homeschool because I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my children!"
From someone involved in the field of education who may or may not homeschool, I thought this quote was too good not to share!

No comments: