Friday, August 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal- A Fictional Book



Day #13- A Fictional Book

Since I shared my two favorite fiction books in my Day #4, I decided I'd share a fiction book I'm about to start:

http://www.verbict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the-help.jpg

I actually brought this book on vacation with us, but I haven't started it yet (I finished another book instead). Anyway, everyone I know who has read this has told me I just HAVE to read it; I'm sure because it's about the south and I love the south. Anyway, I bought it awhile back, but I've never started it, even though it looks great.

4 comments:

The Sweet Life said...

I have been wanting to read this book. Happy Friday!!

The Conway's said...

I've also been wanting to read this book...
I'm loving these 30 day blog journals :)

Ellis said...

We sold a ton of copies that book at Lemuria. I met the author twice; her reading was actually one of the more memorable I ever worked, as she brought along an actress named Octavia Spencer, I think her name was, who was African American and who read the parts of the book spoken by the African American character. Really interesting and fun reading, and I haven't spoken to anyone that did not like the book.

I have a signed copy, and still haven't read it. Maybe I should give it a whirl. I will say this: the majority of buyers and readers were women, making me think it probably appealed a little more to the opposite sex, but that does not mean it is not important for men to read it too.

Catherine Sledge said...

Um YES, read it asap. It is a GREAT book. It will take you through the wringer when it comes to emotions. I couldn't put it down, literally-I was at the beach last year when I started it and I was through in less than 24 hours! Let me know what you think!