Saturday, August 7, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal- A Photo That Makes Me Happy



Day #7- A Photo That Makes Me Happy

I have SO many photos that make me happy. I was not a huge picture taker before Ann Peyton was born, I wanted to be, but I either forgot it or forgot to use it if I had it. It's a different story now, though. We don't have a picture from every single day of her life, but we have a couple from most days. I was looking through some recent pictures (I decided to limit myself to something in the last month) and I found some from last Sunday that didn't make my Weekly Happenings post (unless I want to do a whole "picture post" on something, I usually just include the best pics from the week in my WH posts). Anyway, here's one that makes me SO happy:

The reason I took this is because Ann Peyton had rubbed her peaches in her hair during supper and Peyton had wiped her hair with a bath cloth (she had a bath the next morning, ha!) and made this gross little pointy thing in the front. I thought she looked like a unicorn, so I had to snap a picture. However, as I look at it just a week later, I see some much more. I realize I will cherish this picture so much because it captures the two people I love the most in this world sharing in an activity not of this world.

2 comments:

The Taffs said...

So sweet! I love pictures of Daddy's with their babies!

Ellis said...

Reading really is something else altogether. I don't know if you're referring to their reading not being of this world, but I feel like if that's what you meant that it certainly works.

One of the things I cherish about you two is how much time you devote to reading to Ann Peyton. That there is a "Won't You Read to Me Wednesdays" every week. That you do take her young mind and give her experience through serious thought about other things, other places, other creatures, people and small situations other than what is immediately in front of her. Aside from all of the other wonderful things you do for this kid, this is of course the one that fills my heart.

It's late and I'm really tired.

But I'm not sorry for getting a little sappy.

I love you.

-Ellis