Saturday, August 21, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal- A Recipe


Day #21- A Recipe

I started to post this a few weeks ago, but I decided to save it for today. This one is great!

"Too-Easy Peach Cobbler"

This recipe really is SO easy and it tastes SO good. Y'all know that I'm pretty lazy in the kitchen and I get really intimidated if a recipe calls for more than six ingredients. So when I say easy, I mean EASY!

Ingredients:
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 5 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted

A helper is a nice addition to any recipe, right?

Directions:
1. Place peaches in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with vegtable cooking spray.

2. Cut each slice of bread into 5 long strips, and place evenly over fruit.

3. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, egg, and melted butter.

4. Pour over fruit and bread.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.

****Butter and sugar caramelize over bread strips. You won't know it's bread! Seriously, it tastes like it was made from scratch!***

Another thing I love about this recipe is that it doesn't produce a ton of dishes. No getting out a mixer and such. See, lazy cook, huh?

1 comment:

The Taffs said...

I love a new recipe. Especially easy ones; thanks for sharing!